No announcement yet.

Little Things That Make You Smile 6: Nowhere To Go But Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone in Ministry of Sound last night for Paul Oakenfold?

Just absolutely off the hook. Probably the best set I’ve ever heard.
    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 20-07-2019, 06:49.

Comment

50 years today since man landed on the moon. All week BBC Four have aired a ton of great moon/space themed programmes by way of celebration.

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
      Anyone in Ministry of Sound last night for Paul Oakenfold?

Just absolutely off the hook. Probably the best set I’ve ever heard.
      No, but the Chemical Brothers put on a great show at Glastonbury this year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXxCHYOXQiU

Comment

The Russo Brothers are making a Battle of the Planets film!

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
          Someone please build a submarine
          I know a guy

Comment

This deepfake putting Bruce Lee’s face on Neo when he’s sparring with Morpheus:

Comment

Just learned of a wildlife project to reintroduce the golden eagle back to Snowdonia in North Wales for the first time since they were driven to extinction in the 1800s. Can't wait to see them in the skies again. Snowdonia is called 'Eryri' (meaning Eagle) in the local tongue, that the name will reflect reality once more is fantastic.

Comment

This guy single handedly kicking Bisons ass...
                I love all the supers.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                  This guy single handedly kicking Bisons ass...
                  I love all the supers.

https://www.kotaku.co.uk/2019/07/24/...ode-by-himself
                  Single handedly?

Comment

Anyone experience the lightning storms on Tuesday night? It started rumbling around midnight here and I went out and walked up on the hill where the skies are wide open, not the safest place in a storm, or indeed the driest, but wow... absolutely stunning. The sight, the sounds, the smell, awe-inspiring. I love it when it crackles overhead and you can feel the particles around you reacting, dancing, energised by the storm; and the lightning was the best I've seen and so frequent that at one point it felt like being at a rave with the world's most powerful strobe light. It just lit up the land. What a night.
                    Last edited by Zen Monkey; 25-07-2019, 09:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
                      Just learned of a wildlife project to reintroduce the golden eagle back to Snowdonia in North Wales for the first time since they were driven to extinction in the 1800s. Can't wait to see them in the skies again. Snowdonia is called 'Eryri' (meaning Eagle) in the local tongue, that the name will reflect reality once more is fantastic.
                      Fantastic news, I’ve never had Golden Eagle before
                      Last edited by fishbowlhead; 25-07-2019, 11:19.

Comment

Comment

On Receiving My Letter of Termination

The time has come to devote myself to my hiker's stick;
                          I must have been a Buddhist monk in a former life!
                          Sick, I see returning home as a kind of pardon.
                          A stranger here--being fired is like being promoted.
                          In my cup, thick wine; I get crazy-drunk,
                          eat my fill, then stagger up the green mountain.
                          The southern sect, the northern sect, I've tried
                          them all:
                          this hermit has his own school of Zen philosophy.

- Yuan Hongdao

Comment

Reading about this driver in China who booted some stray dog, then later on the dog returned with a group of mates and chewed the hell out of his car.

It made me think of this thing I witnessed about 20 years ago. I was living at my parents’ house and stayed up late watching films. The window was on nightlock, and at about 1 in the morning I got disturbed by this almighty barking outside. I peered though the curtains and saw 4 dogs, all facing each other in a circle, barking. After about 15 seconds they broke into a 2 by 2 formation, like the Eff Be Eye attacking Nakatomi back in 88, and trotted off down the street. Utterly bizarre, so much so that I question my memory and wonder if I dreamt it. Yet the memory is clear.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                              Reading about this driver in China who booted some stray dog, then later on the dog returned with a group of mates and chewed the hell out of his car.

It made me think of this thing I witnessed about 20 years ago. I was living at my parents’ house and stayed up late watching films. The window was on nightlock, and at about 1 in the morning I got disturbed by this almighty barking outside. I peered though the curtains and saw 4 dogs, all facing each other in a circle, barking. After about 15 seconds they broke into a 2 by 2 formation, like the Eff Be Eye attacking Nakatomi back in 88, and trotted off down the street. Utterly bizarre, so much so that I question my memory and wonder if I dreamt it. Yet the memory is clear.
                              I was out running one night about 10 years ago and was on the home stretch of a long run coming up the road to my house. As I came up to 2 doors down I could hear scrambling and snuffling, I got closer I could see a badger caught between the picket fence of the house, so I come up and pull one of the pickets off so it could get away.

That badger backed out, looked me square in the eyes and I swear it went to say something, then thought better of it and walked off.

Creeped me out.

Comment

Looks like arcade club Leeds is finally getting sound voltex and mai mai, that’s me hyped as hell. Rumours are taiko hd & dance rush are also in the pile of new machines but no idea if those 2 are for bury or leeds.
                                Last edited by importaku; 30-07-2019, 20:40.

Comment

Working...
                                X