No announcement yet.

Salvage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this looks fun! I may join you if its not too late, though I'm trying to do the calculations of what's 10 PM GMT equivalent to. ^_^

Comment

I am enjoying Salvage, especially due to the fact that we are learning as we go on, but I do get the feeling that one run a week is really going to affect our chances of getting any Salvage armour complete.

I was speaking with Nyoneme prior to last night’s run, and she has been doing Salvage since it was introduced, and is now running 4 times a week and still haven’t completed a piece of Salvage armour.

I appreciate people have a lot of other commitments (I’m one of them) but if we are making this a regular thing, it would be nice to actually be getting a reward out of it (especially as there is literally nothing else to go in for unlike Dynamis, Nyzul Isle Assault etc.)

One thing I have found out is that the time restriction placed on repeating Salvage is based on the time you acquire the Remnant’s Permit (not the time you enter a zone as in Dynamis and Limbus).

This means, in theory, it is possible to run Salvage twice in the same evening (although it would require people to be paying attention and being prepared ahead of time. For example:

We purchase a Remnant’s pass after finishing around midnight on a run. We can purchase the next one 24 hours later but we still have the one in our possession (similar to how holding Assault Tags let’s you do 4 runs in a day as opposed to 3). So when the Wednesday comes around we start (on time ) at 8pm clear the 100 minutes of the run, and come out and can immediately grab another Permit for the 10pm run.

Obviously it depends on people’s availability/willingness to commit over 3 hours of an evening to Salvage (as in a Dynamis run) but this method means that we don’t have to give up multiple evenings to Salvage.

If everyone else is happy with how things are currently, obviously there is no reason to change, but the thought of being over 6 months down the line and having nothing to show for it would be pretty depressing.

Comment

Im good for that, im sure if we are all ready for when tali logs in we can do stright from the off and finish abou the same time.

Comment

Might be able to manage it Wednesday is our main trigger day for Angels and Demons. Next week we'll be running pop NMs in it's place so I can't gaurantee attendance as HNM takes precedence.

Comment

Right, can't post during the day got total internet ban at work ><

My plan for this was to move to 2 nights eventually, most likely a friday. 3hrs of salvage in a row isn't something i want. I would have wed/thurs night asked to see who can make a friday night meet up, if we had at least a viable 6 man party we could farm lvl15 and lvl35 pieces. You have to remember getting 3000 points in a week it a bit to much for some members, especialy those with out lvl4/5 access to easy 3 man assault to spam points for 1000 a go.

The plan for the next month at least is to go wednesday get use to the system as people are still quit slow, farm up lvl15 pieces of normal mobs aim for 1 NM and lvl 4 farm for a salvage card. What i want from all of you is to tell what you most wanted 2 pieces of 1st lot equipment is, at rotate farming around getting them 1st, hopefully a few pieces will drop in the same areas.

Once we get us a whm we can look to take on the Mega Boss for lvl25 equipment, which would mean at 1st farming for full equipment, a card farm on lvl4/5 and then on to the mega boss with 30 mins to spare. Once we get the boss tactics down we can aim to swap out card hunting for an NM.

Comment

I get what you're saying and after I'd posted I wondered to myself if I maybe shouldn't have said anything.

I appreciate that this was put together as something more casual than other end game stuff that we can do (mostly) within the LS and I think it's been successful in doing that. It's just we've chosen probably the least casual friendly event possible in terms of getting a reward from it.

The Assault thing I'm going to work on as soon as I'm sorted with Second Lieutenant rank, and rerun some of the lower rank missions for any LS members who need them (Gael has also provided me with a list of the missions he needs) because I do agree, farming the points for a pass is a lot easier on some of the higher rank missions.

Comment

Fridays would be out for me most weeks, Friday = Beer + curry ^^

Comment

Friday would be good for me! ^_^b I can stay up late with red bull (haha, remember COP?) but Salvage sounds fun!

Comment

Im out for friday too, Monday before limbus, Tue Before Dyna, Thur Before limbus, or Sunday before linkshell events are good for me.

Comment

Basically, any evening that isn't tuesday is good for me - don't like doing multiple events like this a day. If I go into a second event in the space of a few hours, tired and frustrated from a previous event then it doesn't help anyone.

Doing something like this before or after a dynamis is a recipe for failure.

Comment

wellt he 2nd run isn't decided yet, lets just continue with 1 run for at least 4/5 weeks before we decide.

also new information on how to weaken the Mega boss Homing Missile effect. Basiclly we have kill 10 gears on floor 4(the 4th floor NM requirement), so i really fancy our chances of trying this in 2 weeks time. Next week for certain is 2nd floor NM and farming of 4th floor for a salvage card(plus kill as many normal mobs as possible) the 4th floor will give me a good gauge on how fast we need to get up to the 4th floor and then to fight mega boss for future salvages.

Youtube'esk video of LBC fight
                        フォト蔵は簡単に写真を投稿・共有できる無料のフォトアルバムサービスです。スマートフォンやデジタルカメラで撮った写真をみんなに見てもらったり、友達や家族でお互いの写真を見せあったりすることができます。

Comment

Right guys, I’m sorry to do this but I think I’m out of Salvage for the foreseeable future.

A couple of things last night made me realise that I am running my game to a schedule and it just isn’t fun any more logging in on a routine knowing that my entire evening’s play is already mapped out for me. At the moment, my ‘schedule’ looks like:

Monday: HNM>Limbus
                          Tuesday: Dynamis
                          Wednesday: Salvage
                          Thursday: HNM>Limbus
                          Friday: “Free”
                          Saturday: Dynamis
                          Sunday: HNM

It’s really too much for me at the moment. Obviously I have a bit of free time on weekends but the irony is these things are hardly fre time when I have to fit in the other stuff I want to do that isn’t end game (Assault, EXP etc) so they are almost a routine also.

I’ve decided to focus on the activities that I am most likely to get results out of in the short-term and that means HNM and Limbus are my priority. Salvage and Dynamis are going to need months and months of dedication (some of the MT+ amounts on Northlands NIN relics is staggering). Fingers crossed once I’ve got what I want out of Limbus I can think about something else. The advantage of my choice is that both HNM and Limbus run on the same dies so although it means I’m very busy on those days, I have a greater number of days totally free time.

I know this won’t cause any problems for the Salvage group (Dj, Tsing or Xand can all fill my role admirably) but I just thought I should let you guys know in plenty of advance as opposed to just not turning up tomorrow evening.

Comment

Must admit i'm dissapointed to hear this Rare, although I can fully appreciate the busy schedule. I have really enjoyed the first runs and will miss you being in attendance both from your job role and as a friend to talk to.

Comment

It's just the news that 2 friends have probably given up the game completely has made me think about the amount of in game activities I was committing myself too and didn't want to burn out.

The upside of this will mean more nights will be available for Assaults and I fully intend to stick to my promise that once I've hit Second Lieutenant, I will use a proportion of my tags to help yourself (and other LS members) clear the earlier missions and get rank ups.

I'll still be online mate so no worries in that regard

Also, there's that small matter of Rargh Bomberman Live! we will have to get sorted too...

Comment

Not such a good turn out last night which I find strange as most people are already in the groove with scheduled events with other end game LS's.

Nyzle Isle Assault was fun mind, even though failure x 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X