Japanese Language Proficiency Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations
    Is there another certificate other than these forms? The ones I received look a little different but essentially they are a score sheet and certificate like you have. The certificates here don't have the photo included, which I thought it was s'posed to like your one..?

Comment

I erased the photo on this.

If you're in Japan you get a 3-way folded card with details on one leaf of how to get an official certificate which can be submitted to schools and colleges.

Now it's the difficult struggle to level 1 in December...

Comment

Nice one. I'll be taking the level 2 test this year. If actually living in Japan wasn't reason enough to study the damn language, then also having a test at the end of the year should get my arse into gear...

Comment

I had a month off from the end of October (I'm sure some can guess why) but didn't even study then.

Get nazotte oboeru otona no kanji renshuu kanzenban for DS but put your age in as the same day you buy the game and then work through ALL the levels. Plenty of time before December.

Comment

Since you guys know yer stuff, any chance you cold help me out with some Kanji characters for forum sigs please.
            If you could translate as close as poss...
            'Darkmarble', which is Kuroma-buru afaik
            'Darkjinxter', Nearest I can get is Kurojinkuso, Darkjinx, proper full jinxter would be great.

TIA

Last edited by Ian(not Ian); 04-03-2008, 10:09.

Comment

kuro (黒) is black, not dark anyway. "dark" (adj) translated would be "kurai", "darkness" = "yami"
              but you mean Katakana, not kanji.

ダークマーブル (da-kuma-buru) = darkmarble
              ダークジンクスター (da-kujinkusuta-) = darkjinxter

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                kuro (黒) is black, not dark anyway. "dark" (adj) translated would be "kurai", "darkness" = "yami"
                but you mean Katakana, not kanji.

ダークマーブル (da-kuma-buru) = darkmarble
                ダークジンクスター (da-kujinkusuta-) = darkjinxter
                Excellent. Just the thing I was after Kryss. Thanks a lot.
                Seems I lost a bit in translation with the Kuro, aw well, it 'appens.

ty

Comment

So, that time of year approaches again...TOMORROW!

I'm off to Nihon University's Funabashi campus, how about you guys?

Comment

You doing the level one then? I'm doing level 2 in london, so me and my friend are driving down to his house in nottingham in a bit.

Comment

Yeah...level 1...Not really looking forward to it, I'm hoping I can get the marks in the writing and listening sections as those seems to be my strongest areas.

Comment

Best of luck to you, kryss.

Comment

Ye best of luck I`m aimin to take level 3 in May/Dec 2009 so should def be ready by then, never taken it before. Hope yours goes well Kryss.
                          Last edited by JU!; 06-12-2008, 14:04.

Comment

Ta guys and good luck to everyone else!

edit:

That was a big bundle of fun. The sections I thought were going to be the easiest turned out to be the ones I had the most trouble with, I fell asleep several times during the reading section, and the grammar section seemed TOO easy (=I messed that one up big time).

Amusingly enough, I was one of a very small handful of non-Asians taking the test. I would have been a great chance to practice my Chinese...If I spoke any.
                            Last edited by kryss; 07-12-2008, 06:34. Reason: back from the test

Comment

Just returned home from JLPT3 at soas in London. Not sure how i did but it was an interesting experience, and relieved to have finished it.

Comment

Originally posted by JU! View Post
                                Ye best of luck I`m aimin to take level 3 in May/Dec 2009
                                The June tests are only for the new Level 1 which I think is changing somehow.

These are the three books I've been using. The grammar one is AMAZING.

Comment

Working...
                                X