No announcement yet.

Gran Turismo 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didnt enjoy any of the GT games as much as Forza let alone Forza 2 which really hits all the nails on the head.

Comment

Is there gonna be rain though, that's what I want to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Swallow View Post
        Is there gonna be rain though, that's what I want to know.
        I think the met office were opposed to weather featuring in the game although it is always possible it will arrive later as DLC ??

Comment

<-o->

Comment

I wasn't expecting damage in this. GT has always been about how good the cars look, not how well it plays or how good the AI is or how realistic is, despite the "real driving simulator" misnomer.

As long as this looks amazing, everyone that has this on their wish list will be happy with it surely?

Comment

I'll be happy if they remove the license tests. I don't want to have to do them for the fifth time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders View Post
                Is the GT series actually any good these days? GT HD was a nice freebie, but I think Forza 2 has raised the bar of what should be part of that sim-style package, imo.
                Exactly my thinking. Was actually playing GT HD last night and couldn't get over how ridiculously OTT and arcadey the physics were after playing Forza 2 for the past 3 weeks. I love car games though, so I'll still buy GT5 (whenever it appears...)

Comment

Originally posted by Ajay1986 View Post
                  lol i remember the interview with that Forza developer where he stated that the myth of car manufacturers not wanting car damage was total BS, think it was an E3 interview maybe.

Just sounds to me as if the GT team are to bloody lazy to make it happen.
                  No, there's definately truth to it, however it's more a case of different manufacturers allowing different levels of damage. Some don't allow any at all, but most do, just not to the levels you would see in a rally game where the cars are really torn apart.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
                    Nobody seems to have commented on the release date, can't believe this game is still probably over a year away.

They should have pulled out all the stops and made this a PS3 launch title. End of.
                    Are you really supprised?

Gran Turismo is a brillant race series but has always been delayed throught every illeteration. As always, I'm always happy to wait for any game so it can be the best it can be.

Considering how exhaustive GT4 is, I'm not supprised in the time it takes Polyphony to craft every GT.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
                      No, there's definately truth to it, however it's more a case of different manufacturers allowing different levels of damage. Some don't allow any at all, but most do, just not to the levels you would see in a rally game where the cars are really torn apart.
                      I can't think of any main manufacturers that aren't covered by either Forza 2 or PGR3, so unless it's someone completely obscure or there is someone I've missed, it must be a myth that some manufacturers won't allow any damage at all. Are there any?

But as Dan Greenawalt says in my post above, some are a bit nervous about players being able to completely total the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post
                        Are you really supprised?

Gran Turismo is a brillant race series but has always been delayed throught every illeteration. As always, I'm always happy to wait for any game so it can be the best it can be.

Considering how exhaustive GT4 is, I'm not supprised in the time it takes Polyphony to craft every GT.
                        I agree with you there, but with GT4 I felt they'd missed the point. I'm not sure adding hundreds of new cars and tracks is the answer for the GT series anymore. GT4 really felt like the series was falling behind for me - the fact it was delayed and still didn't feature an online mode was baffling.

Unless GT5 has a far better AI and adds car damage, I think it will look like a waste of energy. You can't rely on the same game mechanics for a decade.

Comment

It's a little misleading to compare any GT to a Forza game really, apart from the fact they have cars they really are incomparable.

What Kazunori has repeatedly said about car damage is that it won't be done like it has been done in other games. To do it accurately you need to model each part of the car separately and give each it's own physics model so that the damage is calculated procedurally.

This is why there may well be a delay with the damage, it's just never been done like that in a game before.

I think his ambition with the damage could cause problems for most gamers though as I imagine people having bits of your gearbox fall out of the bottom of the car because you changed gear at the wrong time will annoy the hell out of a lot of people.

I personally think that he is aiming a little too high by modeling everything in that detail but he always says that he makes his games for him rather than anybody else...selfish fecker!

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution-One View Post
                            It's a little misleading to compare any GT to a Forza game really, apart from the fact they have cars they really are incomparable.
                            Why are they incomparable? They both claim to accurately represent, as much as possible, car physics. Neither of them claim to be arcade racers - both are quite serious.

Comment

They both claim lots of different things but there are still some differences in most areas of both games.

To me, Forza feels more likes it's to do with the whole racing side of it while GT4 feels like it's more to do with the actual driving.

You may well feel differently to me...that's fine!

Both are fine games and excel in different areas and I imagine most of us have a preference to one series or the another?

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution-One View Post
                                ...I imagine most of us have a preference to one series or the another?
                                Although you are right, i've never conformed to any dictated pigeon hole in regards to racing games.

I own and adore Ridge Racer Type 4, Gran Turismo 4, Outrun 2, Forza 2, Driver: Paralel Lines, GTR2, Daytona USA 2001, Wip3out, F355 Challenge, Colin Mcrae Dirt and thousands of others!

I love all the good one's!

Comment

Working...
                                X