No announcement yet.

Forza 2 Endurance Race Meet-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aye, ill be available for friday. Any idea what class of cars this time?

Comment

Originally posted by Senna View Post
      Aye, ill be available for friday. Any idea what class of cars this time?
      We could discuss is in the lobby if you like, we'll go for the same cars this time though, with no tuning.

Comment

I prefer to race with the R4, R3 or R2 cars .... and it doesn't matter which one you take these are all quite equal to each other and are fun to drive..

Comment

I should be on this Friday

Comment

This is one thing I dont like, all going the same cars as the majority of the time the car that is chosen is one I hate just like the tournament races we had last week. If its gonna be an endurance race with R level cars then I won't really be up for it probably.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
              This is one thing I dont like, all going the same cars as the majority of the time the car that is chosen is one I hate just like the tournament races we had last week. If its gonna be an endurance race with R level cars then I won't really be up for it probably.
              I get what you mean. I'd like to vote for AWD cars because they are easy to handle.

What about you Rossco? Just bear in mind that we've gotta change car types in other races to suit everyones taste, to be fair.

Comment

Well personally I think we should allow people to use their own cars. Put a class/horsepower/weight limit on to make it fair but it will be so much better that way. As everyone will race in cars they are comfortable with and enjoy racing and the races will be much more fun that way as say I'm driving my one and only Evo which is ace on the corners but hits max speed quite quickly so when you come up behind me in your Skyline which has a good 20mph extra on top of mine at top speed you'll catch me on straights!

Makes for more interesting races and pit strategies for fuel and tyres!

Comment

I'm all up for that! That's what we did in the last race and it was great. But the guys with lesser spec cars were left behind. Stuck in two minds what to do now.

Everyone has more notice ready for the next race, so if you want to go with Rossco's rule, I can't see it being a problem now because we can all get a Car ready for the race. The race on Sunday was kind of a last minute thing, so maybe that's why some people didn't have the right cars.

Comment

I think its best to chose a car for everyone to use that everyone agrees on in the lobby. I hate the RWD cars as well, some more than others though.

R class cars are good as there arent really any major handling issues and they are all evenly matched. Plus the races arent quite so long and gruelling as the lap times are a bit quicker

Comment

Glad you think it sounds good as I really think its the best idea, we can say start with B class cars for the first one? Add more restrictions if you like obviously but I'm not sure off hand what would be optimal for each class.

And like you say theres plenty time to arrange and the games been out long enough so either most people have a good few cars upgraded to top levels already or should have enough money to build one before the race!

Comment

@ Marmite and Rossco. Sounds good to me! Let's see what everyone else says.

Comment

I really dont mind what rules are set down, I just love racing!!!

Seriously though, the above suggestions sound good. Much better that everyone is happy with their own car, rather than driving around hating the experience.

Agreeing beforehand a set class, horsepower limit, or drivetype gives us all time to pick a good car that we like to drive. One suggestion from me, just off the top of my head, a set country of origin car, eg any japanese class a car, any british class s car.

No spoilerless Elise 111s though, I still have fears of that car

Comment

Don't mind if its a set car or set specs, as long as enough notice is given for the set specs then I'm happy

Comment

no problem for me either, I'm all for it that everbody picks a car he likes to race with,
                              and that's also why Forza has such an excellent rating system for the tuned cars, if we pick a B, A or S class car everybody is free to take whatever car they like and tune and upgrade till it's maxed out in their class.

Comment

I'm happy either way (stock cars or garage) but the class needs to be decided by thursday at the latest, so if we do go with garage cars there is some time left to tune them.

Comment

Working...
                                X