X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karateka

Comment

Hi all,

not sure if anyone can help but i'm trying to locate an old text adventure that i loved on the old beeb.

The game came free with (or at least, packaged with) a bbc magazine called something like 'bbc disk user'.

The text adventure was really 3 (or 4?) text adventures rolled in to one. The context is that some bored megabeing has placed you on some kind of cube. Each surface of this cube had a digipad on it and actioning 'press digipad' would place you on a different adventure. One was a shipwrecked on an island scenario. One scenario placed you in some kind of neofuturistic city and required you to assassinate the prime minister. I remember at one point that you meet a 'faceless bureacrat who's facial features had literally been removed' I cant remember any others.

Anyone else remember this? With it only being available as a freebie it's pretty obscure.

Comment

I'm trying to remember the name of a Spectrum-era puzzle game. If anyone's played Dead Space Ignition recently, it was the same sort of thing as one of the minigames in that, the one where you have to put the mirrors and things down to direct the lasers.

I remember playing it as part of those compilation packs you used to get (I think the one I had was several big name titles that had been put together for charity). My Google skills have failed me this time so hope someone can kickstart my aging brain cells.

Comment

Oh hai, was it Deflecktor? Or something like that?

Btw that text adventure sounds ace, I'll see if I can find it out.

Comment

Nice one VP, it is indeed Deflecktor.

Comment

Can't believe I can't find this one.

A Vic-20 game. Came on a tape but i *think* it was in a special box (not 100% on that). A platforming type affair with an egyptian theme. The standout feature was how smooth the graphics were. Quite unusual for a Vic game. I had it in my head that it was publish by Thorn EMI but now I'm not so sure.

I'm currently looking at the two 'Pharoah's X' Vic titles but I don't think it's them.

Can anyone help?

Comment

Tutankhamun?

Comment

Don't think so mate. Thanks anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post
                    Don't think so mate. Thanks anyway!
                    Hmmmm, I'll have another look!

Hey Chocklo!

Comment

Hullo there.

I've been trying to remember the name of a PC game from the 90's and it's been driving me mental. I've trawled release lists, done searches and can't seem to get a hint.

I must have played it around 97/98, something like that. Up until now I always had Little Big Adventure down as the title but looking it up it definitely isn't that or the sequel and I can't for the life of me remember it.
                      It was an adventure/puzzle game of sorts, iirc. It was played in an isometric style view I think, and the graphics were kind of stylised/vectory. I remember the characters being made out of different sized balls, the main guy was red I think. I'm sure I remember insta-death puzzles and I think one of the first levels was set within the walls of a sort of fort, where the walls were made of wooden poles. I don't remember if the backgrounds were the same graphical style as the main characters or not. I also think there was some sort of magic mechanic, can't remember.
                      I vaguely recall a white box with red character on the front.

It's a long shot, I know, but it's driving me insane.

Comment

Ecstatica maybe?

There weren't too many other games using that 'spheres' rendering method.

Comment

You, Sir, are a saint.
                          It was Ecstatica II.

Now I can sleep.

Comment

What is the SFC game above Operation Logic Bomb & Exhaust Heat, please?

Last edited by acidbearboy; 03-03-2011, 08:13.

Comment

Sansara Naga 2

In Sansara Naga 2, you can play as either a male or a female character. Ten years ago, the elder of the village Ryuen found you, a little child, near the village gate. Nobody knew where you came from, but in your hands you were holding an egg. This egg...

Comment

Much obliged.

Comment

Working...
                                X