X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name that game sticky!

Right peeps.

We seem to get lots of threads started where the member posting wants to identify a particular game from the past, or similar. We have all been there - cold sweats in the middle of the night trying to remember the obscure Jaleco platformer in the chinese chippy when you were a lad, etc.

So here it is - a new sticky thread for the purpose of asking those burning questions. Could be potentially a lively old thread anyway but bear in mind anyone starting new threads whining because they can't remember something will have their thread moddzorrated and banished from the internets forever!

Rom skate park - must have been around '81 - there was an arcade driving game, stand up cabinet with wheel. All I can remember is a tricky bit trying to overtake round a bend by a cliff...?

Comment

You had a racing game with a cliff AND overtaking in 81??

I've no idea, but you've made me go all gooey thinking about Buggy Boy!

Comment

"Turbo"?

Comment

Arcade game, about the same time as Hypersports.

You had a hang glider and had to land on islands, the samller the island the higher the points.

I don't know if this was the major part of the game or a bonus game. I remember it being the best grafix eVa!

Can't find it on MAME, or remember the name.

Comment

Originally posted by peeveen View Post
            "Turbo"?
            Hmmm?

Any pics/link?

Comment

Originally posted by Max P. View Post
              Hmmm?

Any pics/link?
              Turbo is a Videogame by Sega (circa 1981). Drive your car from a third-person perspective above and behind through town, up hills, through tunnels, around curves, and over bridges, in the snow, and at du

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
                Arcade game, about the same time as Hypersports.

You had a hang glider and had to land on islands, the samller the island the higher the points.

I don't know if this was the major part of the game or a bonus game. I remember it being the best grafix eVa!

Can't find it on MAME, or remember the name.
                Fly Boy? http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?...=&game_id=7829

If not then possible Fast Freddie

Comment

Ah a very useful sticky, I was watching the Japanese show akihabara@DEEP and saw them playing a game, cant think for the life of me what it is, but I'v eseen it before

I took a couple of grabs:

Comment

Urban Champion isn't it?

Comment

Urban Champion.

Comment

Yep it is Chears, I evan have it om my psp, along with another 600 nes games.

Really chuffed about that as I needed to update my firmware last year to be able to play a couple of game I bought while I was in Japan. the eboot is now out so I can play emu's on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff D View Post
                          Urban Champion isn't it?
                          I believe you are correct!

If I had photoshop I`d stick some exclamation marks over the heads of those Jap dudes, Solid Snake has been spotted in the reflection of their TV screen before he can put a bullet in their heads!

Comment

There is no reason to, they are all actors, one or two sing too.

You can download fan subbed in the usual places in AVI 640x480. about 8500mb, only took me 3 days, getting other stuff at the same time.
                            Last edited by Temple81; 18-07-2007, 16:22.

Comment

Just watching a video of some SFC games and saw a clip of a game I've never seen before.

I've attached a picture any ideas what it is?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X