No announcement yet.

Google Stadia: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course they want to keep it separate - it's not going to be a very fair PvP with double the lag.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
      Of course they want to keep it separate - it's not going to be a very fair PvP with double the lag.
      Lags bad enough as it is on dedicated hardware. Even the pc crowd are being plagued by sweaty Asian no lifers who lag switch their way to victory. Stadia being chucked in the general pool would have the community in a riot.

Comment

Going off reactions on Era and EG after the Gamescom presentation, Stadia is going to need to seriously get its act together in selling itself

Comment

As part of its Fall hardware event in New York Tuesday, Google has announced that its game streaming service Stadia will be available to the public starting November 19th. Servers will open to the public at 12PM US-EST and Stadia will launch in the United States, Canada, UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, […]

Stadia will launch on 19 November

Comment

I'm currently enjoying Xbox home casting with One Cast to my tablet which is cradled on my controller with a 3D printed grip.

It is near flawless anywhere in my house and I have access to over 300 installed games on the machine. Ok so the installs may not be instant and I can't really take it on the road without some major latency issues but... it works.

I just can't see Stadia competing with the back catalogue of titles the other companies have. On the road they also have the Switch to contend with which of course has its own excellent exclusives.

I just can't see it happening, at least not in the short term. Not until they solve latency as much as physically possible and make it a deal no-one can refuse.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
              I just can't see it happening, at least not in the short term. Not until they solve latency as much as physically possible and make it a deal no-one can refuse.
              But they have solved it - they're going to have negative latency: https://www.wired.com/story/google-s...ative-latency/

Montgomery "Scotty" Scott is rolling in his transporter beam.
              Last edited by MartyG; 16-10-2019, 15:16.

Comment

The problem this has is the hype train currently behind the PS5. People might take a punt on this, but when the proper next generation consoles come out this will fade in to oblivion. Google will have to do something very special to claw people away.

Comment

Just as they launch a gaming platform Google have axed their VR headset and support project

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                    But they have solved it - they're going to have negative latency: https://www.wired.com/story/google-s...ative-latency/

Montgomery "Scotty" Scott is rolling in his transporter beam.
                    Yeah I read that. Hey they maybe on to something and I wish them well... Yet every demo I've seen so far has noticeable latency so call me a sceptic but I'm not buying it. My point is I'm getting a similar service, most likely for free from a near competitor in Microsoft... Who also happen to also have conventional gaming options in the same ecosystem.

I just don't see how Google can sit alongside that and be viable.

Comment

Stadia wireless controller is only wireless with Chromecast, you'll need a wire to connect to PC, Android etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                        https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/16/...a-cloud-gaming

Stadia wireless controller is only wireless with Chromecast, you'll need a wire to connect to PC, Android etc.
                        So while the Stadia is eating wireless bandwidth you have to use the controller over the wifi too? All of this with negative latency? wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                          So while the Stadia is eating wireless bandwidth you have to use the controller over the wifi too? All of this with negative latency? wow.
                          This, and that’s before even mentioning the obvious disastrous decision to not allow Stadia to be compatible with ALL Android OEM devices from day one.

And people on here still think this will be a success?

Google will do well if they haven’t personally killed Stadia off within 18-24 months of launch. Dead on arrival IMO.
                          Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 17-10-2019, 17:31.

Comment

Bit of a downbeat piece from Rob Fahey / GIBiz on Stadia: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...idence-opinion - bit of a mystery as to why given Google now have quantum powered servers.

Comment

The launch line-up is now confirmed:

-Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
                              -Destiny 2: The Collection
                              -GYLT
                              -Just Dance 2020
                              -Kine
                              -Mortal Kombat 11
                              -Red Dead Redemption II
                              -Rise of the Tomb Raider
                              -Samurai Shodown
                              -Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
                              -Thumper
                              -Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

Comment

25% Tomb Raider games lol.

The lack of commitment Google are showing to this, even at this stage, is amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                X