• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
    Am yet again adding unnecessary drunk/stoned detail
    THE BEST BITS

Comment

A crazed man set fire to one of Kyoto Animation's office injuring several and killing an as of now unconfirmed number of people.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
        York Travelodge, April 2009, same time as Red Nose Day.

Pissed the bed (not my fault, she bought me an 8-pack of Stellas with my takeaway when I'd already had a bottle of strong Cab Sauv).

Blockbusters were having a preowned sale, I remember, ended up getting PS2 Metal Slug 4, Metal Slug 5 and Capcom Fighting Jam for 98p a pop each. Still own them.

And an AMAHOOZING pair of brown/blue Gola retro trainers that look like tightrope-walking shoes, all suede and top quality, a quid from a chazza shop. Old skool Gola logos as well.

But I digress. Am yet again adding unnecessary drunk/stoned detail, forgive the yammering from my drunk/stoned gob/drunken foamy maw.
        Time stamp checks out.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
          A crazed man set fire to one of Kyoto Animation's office injuring several and killing an as of now unconfirmed number of people.
          Suspect apprehended, apparently it was an act of revenge for being "ripped off". 13 confirmed dead, but there are still people unaccounted for.

Comment

Now up to 23 dead

Comment

What the hell!

Comment

Up to 33 dead now

Comment

Not sure this belongs in the "little things that irk" thread. Do we have a "savage attacks that promote a profound sense of second-hand grief"?

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                    Up to 33 dead now
                    Oh man.

Originally posted by Asura
                    Do we have a "savage attacks that promote a profound sense of second-hand grief"?
                    I hope we'll never need one.
                    Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 18-07-2019, 15:55.

Comment

I hope we'll never need one.
                      Ditto.

Comment

Boris Johnson is now PM. What the actual **** UK?

Comment

Well it's not like the people voted for him which at least is something. We also have a PM here who nobody voted for. Same thing - previous one went and the next party leader took over.

Comment

Mental the past year, have not experienced anything in the way of deaths or family illnesses in family since i was about 9 (over 30 years ago) and past year Grandad/Grandma/Great Uncle/ and Two aunties all died from cancer and my Dad is currently being treated for it.

Grandad and Great uncle did have a good innings though 94 and 96 but both Aunties were only in their sixties, Only good news is with my dad it is a small spot on the lung with it nowhere else (he did have part of a lung removed few years ago due to cancer but got the all clear). but upcoming 6 weeks of treatment is probably going to be tough

Comment

Not really an irk, but it's Facebook-related so of course it belongs here. Just got an email from them:

"A friend wants you to like a Page on Facebook"

I get what it means within the context of the system itself - an FB friend of mine wants me to click like on their Page.

But does this friend care whether or not I actually like the page itself? Or do they really care about the action of liking and what it results in(increased popularity, higher up in search results, etc). My instinct is to have a B please, Bob, but maybe the answer lies somewhere between the two.

Maybe I should send a message telling him I really do like his page, honest. It's much more personal, and he'll appreciate the gesture more.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                                Not really an irk, but it's Facebook-related so of course it belongs here. Just got an email from them:

"A friend wants you to like a Page on Facebook"

I get what it means within the context of the system itself - an FB friend of mine wants me to click like on their Page.

But does this friend care whether or not I actually like the page itself? Or do they really care about the action of liking and what it results in(increased popularity, higher up in search results, etc). My instinct is to have a B please, Bob, but maybe the answer lies somewhere between the two.

Maybe I should send a message telling him I really do like his page, honest. It's much more personal, and he'll appreciate the gesture more.
                                Or just delete Facebook.

Comment

Working...
                                X