Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

main thing for me is web-browsing, and the iphone is better than any other phone I have ever used in this regard (including the HTC Pro I was using earlier this year) ... add in the ease of text messaging (yes I have used phones with proper qwerty keyboards - none of which were as easy to use as the iphones touch-screen keyboard) and MSN via the web applet and the iphone is near enough perfect for my needs.

Just linked up my email account and everything is spot on - another major benefit (used blackberrys in the past - they are good but the iphone is better imo).

Damn just thought of another whilst typing this - how many times have you been out and about and heard a song that you really like, now I can download it from itunes onto my phone there and then (and sync it with my itunes on my pc when I get home) ...

the only really negative at the moment is that I can't download podcasts on the move - I expect this will be fixed at a future date though

Comment

Can you use iTunes on EDGE or only Wifi? iTunes refuses to work on my iPhone unless i'm in a wifi area.

Comment

Wifi only for me too. Got myself started on The Cloud's wifi network earlier today and my number's finally been ported over. Edge is a bit so-so for me, sometimes it's as good as wifi and at others, it's worse than GPRS!

Comment

N95 users there is an official Microsoft msn client out.
          get it here - http://www.symbianv3.com/new-windows...senger-perfect

Works a treat it also adds all the windows live stuff in as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post
            Can you use iTunes on EDGE or only Wifi? iTunes refuses to work on my iPhone unless i'm in a wifi area.
            The clue is in the name - iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store.

Regarding Edge, I've found out I get an Edge signal at work (the wee box next to the O2 logo shows a wee E inside). It's pretty quick. I have a 3G Siemens EF81 to compare it with. 3G + Opera Mini on a QVGA screen is nowhere near as good as mobile Safari + Edge.

Using mobile Safari + GPRS is like being back on a dial up modem but it's still great to have decent web access anytime and place.

The lads at work were well impressed with the iPhone. Out of the three guys I showed it to two are intending to buy and the other chap too much of a technopobe to even play around with it.
            Last edited by CMcK; 11-11-2007, 03:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
              The unlimited usage thing really would be a godsend, I am jealous. But apart from that, iPhone doesnt really interest me and would never even consider paying that much money for one!
              I thought the same thing until I saw my managers iphone. I want one really bad now.

The only downside is the stupid keyboard layout, but I suspect they might change that with a software uppgrade.

Logging off!

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
                N95 users there is an official Microsoft msn client out.
                get it here - http://www.symbianv3.com/new-windows...senger-perfect

Works a treat it also adds all the windows live stuff in as well.
                There's also ebuddy for those without symbian, isn't bad but there's a couple of things not supported

Comment

I think that on paper there's no doubt that the N95 blows the iPhone away in many respects, but the UI and cohesiveness on the iPhone, not to mention the apps, just seem like a "nicer" way to do things for me. Pretty much like OS X as opposed to Windows in fact which I guess is the point. Not wanting to start a "this OS is better", but that's the best way to describe the feel and vibe of using the iPhone.

I've been sitting on the fence about getting one, but having seen just how useful a device it would have to have taken on holiday with me this time, I'm going to pick one up when I get back. Very annoying there's no way to pick up one in NY and use it on O2 in the UK without hacking it though.

Comment

Oh, one question, has anyone used these Jawbone bluetooth headsets which are getting rave reviews just now? Are they as good as the blurb makes out?

Comment

Originally posted by ascender View Post
                      I think that on paper there's no doubt that the N95 blows the iPhone away in many respects, but the UI and cohesiveness on the iPhone, not to mention the apps, just seem like a "nicer" way to do things for me. Pretty much like OS X as opposed to Windows in fact which I guess is the point. Not wanting to start a "this OS is better", but that's the best way to describe the feel and vibe of using the iPhone.

I've been sitting on the fence about getting one, but having seen just how useful a device it would have to have taken on holiday with me this time, I'm going to pick one up when I get back. Very annoying there's no way to pick up one in NY and use it on O2 in the UK without hacking it though.
                      I couldn't agree more. I'll only purchase an iPhone if I can pick up one hacked for use on T-Mobile. There simply no way I'm getting locked into an 18-month O2 contract.

Comment

I called Orange about getting my previous phone unlocked, and the cheeky gits wanted £20 for the service. Down the market for me then, I am sure they do it for about a fiver

Had a quick play on an iPhone today - lovely, just lovely But seriously, that thing is surely going to get scratched to **** very quickly. I'd be scared of a) taking it out of the house and b) putting it in my pocket. No loose changes or keys allowed to go near it! Nice piece of kit though for sure.

Comment

the thing with my iPhone is it doesn't do anything that other phones don't do, but it does them very well indeed.
                          not for everyone in the same way a mac isn't but for me its user friendliness and useful (to me) features outweigh the negatives. Jesus phone? Clearly not and was never going to be. Best smartphone? Could well be...

Comment

Yea, exactly.

Every night now i've just gone to bed, whacked on the wifi and watched some QI in bed on youtube.

Comment

Lack of bluetooth kills the iPhone for me. More than happy with my iPod Touch and K800i combo.

Comment

Yea I heard about this.

There IS bluetooth on there but am I to assume that's just for headsets?

Comment

Working...
                                X