Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three will unlock your phone for free, while still in contract. Wish they had better coverage indoors though.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
      Anyone tried installing Cyanogen on their phone?
      I keep thinking of doing this on my Xperia Play as the memory is always full, despite rootytooting it, deleting the Chinese keyboard and installing App2SD and Link2SD. Sad face.

Is it a tidier OS?
      Can I still have all my Android apps?
      Does the Google market still recognise my device and all my purchases?

Comment

Based on my prior experience, yes yes and yes

Comment

Man that new OnePlus One phone is looking amazing now and hella cheap too. cant wait for the reviews although its going to have to be mind blowing to make me move from Nexus line.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
            Based on my prior experience, yes yes and yes
            Thanks, Full Spec Bradley.

Comment

Anyone have any experience of MHL leads for phones? want one for my Xperia but don't know if any one will do or it needs to be one designated for the phone make. See cheap ones on Amazon and ones specifically for Xperia's and Galaxy Note's etc. Thanks.

Comment

If I had an Xperia Z1 Compact, could I connect a PS3 pad to it and plug the phone into a telly's HDMI tablet and, in theory, play emulators on the big screen?

Comment

Forked out for a new 64gb iPhone 5s.

I's never been so unexcited by a new piece of gadgetry. There are things I would rather spend ?709 on.

Comment

Out of interest, why didn't you just stick with your old iPhone Boris?

I've had my Nexus 5 for 6 months now, I'm still really liking it. The 'OK Google' voice search works kinda well too, it recognises an awful lot of Pok?mon names so big up to Google for that.

Comment

what a useful feature

"Call Bulbasaur"

"you dont have a Bulbasaur in your phonebook"

"yay it works now i need to find a friend called Bulbasaur and my life will be complete"

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                        my Nexus 5 voice search works kinda well too, it recognises an awful lot of Pok?mon names so big up to Google for that.
                        Rule 34?

Comment

Both of you hit the nail on the head.

Tried to give Professor Oak a call about some sweet Jynx on Mr Mime action I found.
                          Last edited by wakka; 06-05-2014, 15:00.

Comment

Believe so QC. Just check it has native DS3 support otherwise it will need routing to get it to work. And a five quid MHL cable from Amazon should give HDMI connectivity.

Can't believe you spent that much on a phone Boris. Thats more than my two year contract is in total (with free phone).

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
                              Can't believe you spent that much on a phone Boris. Thats more than my two year contract is in total (with free phone).
                              I can understand why people buy hardware outright. I believe the time for buying phones on a contract basis ended a couple of years ago. I replaced a 2 year old iPhone 4S 32GB with the exact same phone Boris has bought when they came out. Envirophone gave me ?140 back for the old phone which did lessen the cost a bit.

Even so I'm on a ?12 a month contract with VF (can bring this down further if needed) and can sell and upgrade any time I choose rather than wait out the length of a contract. Also avoid having to play silly games with the network each time by threatening to leave just to get a price that resembles what they offer new customers. Given that networks don't tend to subsidise recent Apple phones the cost of ownership over the 2 years generally works out but to be the same just you are having to spend the money upfront.

Although buying this second iPhone was less exciting than buying my first one, imo it's still the best phone out there - even if you can get cheaper phones that can do the same thing.

Comment

Yeah you get your second or third or fourth iPhone, load all your **** on, and you're like hmm....exactly the same as before. Back into the pocket it goes. Always a somewhat underwhelming experience after a ?500+ outlay.

Comment

Working...
                                X