User Tag List

Page 1 of 191 12311101 ... LastLast

Mobile Phone thread - please include links to good deals

edit: If you find any good mobile phone deals, please link them here.

To toast my new flat and new job, im going to treat myself to a nice new contract, and subsequently a nice new contract phone. ive got a choice of the following phones, so opening it to you guys, that might have used one of them. overall im just looking for a nice stylish phone, specs/camera etc are not important, just looking for the best "overall" phone.

these are the choices;

Samsung D900

Sony Ericsson W880i

Samsung u600

Sony Ericsson K810i

Nokia 6300

LG Shine

Nokia N95 (got to pay 90 quid though)

LG Prada (got to pay 20 quid)

XDA trion (got to pay 90 quid)

Sony Ericcson P990i

There the main ones which caught my eye, im liking the 2 new samsung ones, or should i pay the 90 quid and get the N95 (anyone who has used one, advice would be great) or finally the ericcson P990i (as ive always loved this phone, but is it a bit dated now?)

well over to you, and all advice will be great, or if you can suggest another ncie new phone, cool!

aaron
    Last edited by charlesr; 04-11-2012 at 09:10 AM.

Just thought I'd say I recently got the D900 and I'm finding it quite rubbish! I changed from a Sony Ericsson w810i to Samsung for the first time and the difference between them was quite astonishing. I alkways found Sony phones easy to use I must say, but of course it's what you're used to I guess. Heard a lot of good thing about the N95 but if you're not looking for all those extra features it has, maybe it's not worth it.

Basically I wouldn't recommend the D900 as, apart from its looks, it's not really worth the hassle it takes to use it. My two cents for you there.

プレイステーション
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I3th Racing PSN ID: Mr_Karate
    S-E K810i if you want a small handset that does lots. It's slimmer than the K800i, but that's it. The Nokia N95 is good, but there is an LG on the horizon that is way better in terms of features and looks.

I do tech/data support for Carphone Warehouse, and I am sick to the back teeth of the N95. Overhyped, battery-guzzling, bug-ridden piece of cack with a cheapo GPS receiver and drowning in crummy software begging for you to pay up for licenses.

Looks-wise I must admit I'm quite fond of the 6300, but interface and general usability-wise you can't really fault a Sony Ericsson; W880i's a bit thin for my liking though, and the buttons are way to small for my hulk hands. Don't get the P990i though, whatever you do. D900's alright but they messed up the U600 by giving it those daft pressure buttons on the front. If you'd like a full-on PDA style phone the Trion's pretty tasty, but I couldn't stand using mine as a 'main phone' as it's too clunky and impractical for general usage.

Not tried the Prada yet, but I'd definitely get that over the Shine if you decided to go for an LG.

I got a free upgrade to the N95 a week or so ago and overall would agree with Fuse.

I haven't had much of a problem with it but then I only tend to use it for calls most of the time!

The GPS system is cack, haven't got it working reliably despite a few attempts. The menu system can all be a bit slow too.

Biggest problem is the battery life. If you use the mp3 player or GPS it dies VERY quickly.

6300 ftw. Got this one myself, bog standard but small and slim, has the internets on it, very nice

That ashame to hear about the N95, I was looking into getting that maybe when I'm due an upgrade in a few months. I really dont want to drop for my 3.2 MP K800i, and there are not many new phones comparable out right now. And even SE didn't bring out a successor, apart from the K810i which is 99% the same.

Whats this new LG someone mentioned that has similar features to the N95?

I have the Sony Ericsson W850i and a very nice cool phone it is too

I can personally heartily recommend this telecommunications device

Dan

I have the K800i, and think its the best phone i have ever had. This is coming from someone who only ever had Nokias, for thier simple menus. The wife has a Nokia n95, and imo its ****.

Overly complicated, horrible interface, and keeps freezing.

The K810i im guessing is a newer version.

Who you getting the contract with?

Quote Originally Posted by shuzo View Post
    Just thought I'd say I recently got the D900 and I'm finding it quite rubbish! I changed from a Sony Ericsson w810i to Samsung for the first time and the difference between them was quite astonishing. I alkways found Sony phones easy to use I must say, but of course it's what you're used to I guess. Heard a lot of good thing about the N95 but if you're not looking for all those extra features it has, maybe it's not worth it.

Basically I wouldn't recommend the D900 as, apart from its looks, it's not really worth the hassle it takes to use it. My two cents for you there.
    I agree. The D900 looks very nice but compared to my old sony its a heep!