No announcement yet.

Netflix Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spoilers ahead as we seem to be fully into that now looking back i think there are a few bits i feel they could of changed to make the season sit better. They need to add mystery and suspense back into the show as this is what made season one such a stand out,

They could of handled the Russian plot with a bit more restraint, say the show starts with a new company using the lab an 80s tech start up that makes computers phones and av equipment. The kids love this company and get computers and tech from them free stuff for their AV club and befriend one of the techs their. The old lab is shown to be sealed off and the tech start up is an open and friendly with lots of people in Hawkins working for them. This is revealed at the end of the series as a front though and the Russians are using the old lab to examine multiple tears that are opening up all over hawkins.

Will could be seen to be struggling to come to terms with his experiences and is shown to be having nightmares that get progressively worse as the season goes on. The group initially believe these visions of people being snatched by the flayer and help him but after multiple false visions and wild goose chases with no evidence of his return Wills visions are put down to PTSD.

Again i didn't mind the body snatching stuff but rather than fully explaining the body snatching with the subtlety of a brick to the head why not add a bit of mystery to it show Max getting on better with Billy but her growing suspicious of his change in personalty, have people go missing and randomly turn up, a renewed friendship with max would have hit harder when billy sacrificed himself at the end.
    Last edited by Lebowski; 15-07-2019, 14:46.

Comment

Sounds like you’d rather write the show than watch it!

Comment

TLDR i just think they could of handled things more in the vain of the first season with mystery and suspense.

Comment

They intentionally had a change of tone for this series, primarily channeling "The Thing"

First Series was the Goonies/ ET, 2nd series was Aliens / Tremors.

I like how they were doing it and I'll be interested to see what they come up with next. Maybe it will be a bit more of It for S4, ending up arriving at the same time as It PT2 in the cinema, when all the kids return back to their home town

Comment

New Comedians in Cars tomorrow. Can't wait

Comment

Finally caught up on season 3 of stranger things, i started watching last night and finished the entire thing in one sitting, man it was good. That duet in the last episode was the highlight, such fun amongst the carnage but the ending was so sad. I hate not knowing hoping season 4 confirms that the person in that cell post credits is who i think it is as i'll be gutted if that character is truly gone.

It has just the right amount of 80's perfection, they distilled everything great and condensed it down into a series.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                It has just the right amount of 80's perfection
                Indeed. That mall ... I mean wow ... I just lost myself every shot. The team who worked on the show pulled off a miracle with that. All the produce in Joyce's shop too. So much amazing detail.

Comment

Even though this is mainly aimed at americans there's a million cultural 80's references/things i picked up on. Yeah starcourt was done extremely well, the researchers did an extremely good job of making it period convincing.

Kind of on a downer though now as it's a long time now till season 4 will start, damn i hate getting so invested in characters. Now if you excuse me i'm off to watch Dustin's awesome neverending story duet again.

Comment

Finished Voltron last night. What a great show. Interesting characters, cool plot arcs, gorgeous visuals, great cartoon and enjoyed every episode.

Also finished 3below, the follow up to Troll Hunters. Again this was just fantastic from Del Toro, very well written and cleverly intertwined with Trol Hunters but still stands on its own feet.

Looking forward to Wizzards now to complete the trifecta

Comment

I put Comedians In Cars on last night and ended up watching 5 in a row. It's just so feel-good and relaxing to watch. Funny at times too. Eddie Murphy was talking about being at Michael Jackson's house and Bubbles had got too big and dangerous to free-roam, so he was in a cage in the room ... and even behind bars Michael advised him not to go near ... and the impression he does of MJ being concerned is so funny. There's a lot that's wrong with the anecdote, but the impression is so funny.

Comment

Finished The Boys (talk about that in the digital stream thread), so moved onto GLOW after hearing people talk about it.

Bit if a wobbly start with the second episode pretty tasteless, but got increasingly better after that.
                        Not much wrestling in it, for ages, but the season finale sorted that out brilliantly.

Comment

I'm just a few eps in on Glow. I don't even remember what could have been tasteless in that second ep? I'm enjoying it. It's a nice short watch and yet feels slightly more meaty than a sitcom so, for those evenings where we just run out of time for anything, it suits well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            I'm just a few eps in on Glow. I don't even remember what could have been tasteless in that second ep?
                            Why, that will be the part where they joke about having a miscarriage and spray tomato ketchup everywhere.

I didn't enjoy that.

Comment

Oh yeah. That was quite full on. I have found it interesting to spot that the bulk of both writers and directors on the show seem to be women. It shouldn't be notable of course but it's not all that common.

Comment

Preacher Season 4

Yup, still got it.

Episode 2 has a brilliant scene involving a bunch of cute white cars(that look like Nissan Micras to me) and much vehicular carnage.
                                Last edited by randombs; 14-08-2019, 09:49.

Comment

Working...
                                X