Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carphone Warehouse say my Nexus5X is with DPD.

DPD say they have not received it. Balls.

Not that it matters as I need a nano sim which giffgaff seem not to want me to have, 3 times I've applied over the last 3 weeks for something that takes "5 working days"

So, anyone know of any decent deals similar to my 3gig data, 500mins and unlimited texts for ?15

Comment

Vodafone do Unlimited calls and texts with 4GB of data for a shade under ?20 on a 12 month contract. (or the same but with 2GB for ?15)

Do not sign up for their 6 month NowTV / Spotify etc unless you really want to because getting out of them is going to be nigh on impossible without being charged for a month - I looked at the terms and conditions and it appeared to say that you couldn't cancel them before the end of the 6 months but you get charged for the next month immediately.... Maybe just being paranoid.
      Last edited by charlesr; 16-10-2015, 14:46.

Comment

Got a vodafone smart ultra 5 and its rrp was just 169 euro no contract

Only used it a little but so far better then my galaxy s4...bigger battery far better screen...better camera

Oh in ireland three network were offering a sim only and for 20 euro a month unlimited data...and i have been using that in one of those mobile 3g routers and it works well but it is a risk as says should only use in a phone.

Comment

Originally posted by BaronSqwelch View Post
          Carphone Warehouse say my Nexus5X is with DPD.

DPD say they have not received it. Balls.

Not that it matters as I need a nano sim which giffgaff seem not to want me to have, 3 times I've applied over the last 3 weeks for something that takes "5 working days"

So, anyone know of any decent deals similar to my 3gig data, 500mins and unlimited texts for ?15

I pulled the plug on my nexus 5x pre-order, thinking of going for the 6P now, although the LG G4 is mighty tempting and is available for under ?300 now...

Have you looked at the Three sim only plans?.. you can get all you can eat data and texts plus 200 mins for ?17... I never really bother about the minutes, its all about the data for me... I'm away with work a lot so use my ipad with my phone.
          Last edited by charlesr; 19-10-2015, 13:55.

Comment

I have Virgin SIM-only for ?15 a month unlimited everything.
            Downsides are it's only 3G and there's no tethering.

As for Three, that's a good suggestion and I do consider swapping occasionally for the the 4G.
            You can tether too, but, there are then limits:

"On our All-you-can-eat data plans, you can use a portion of your data each month to create a Personal Hotspot within the UK. How much depends on your plan: if you're on a SIM Only plan with All-you-can-eat data, you can use up to 8GB as a Personal Hotspot (unless you're on our SIM Only plan with All-you-can-eat data and 200 minutes, in which case you'll be able to use up to 4GB). If you're on a 24-month package with All-you-can-eat data, you can use up to 12GB a month as a Personal Hotspot."
            Last edited by charlesr; 19-10-2015, 13:55.

Comment

They've pushed that back up - for a while it was completely unlimited tethering, then it was dropped to 2GB, now it seems like it's back up to 4GB - 8GB. Pretty decent.

Comment

Yeah, they got stung when people were using their phones for all their internet needs so had to bring in limits. Then they lost customers so they found some middle ground.

Up to 12Gb a month if you opt for 2 years.

It's good, but I just wanted to make people aware if they were happily watching/downloading movies thinking it was unlimited data!

Comment

That's interesting, fortunately I'm still on the old unlimited package. It comes in useful for online gaming as my ADSL is so poor. Yeah, really. Other than that I don't use it an overwhelming amount though, I could easily have 12GB and have more than enough.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys!
                    My 5X arrived today just as I was leaving the house so not opened the box yet... Giffgaff have til the weekend to get me my sim!
                    Last edited by charlesr; 19-10-2015, 13:56.

Comment

I've just sent back a 6s which I got from Virgin, their data was abysmal, I am back in the three sim only plan. When I cancelled virgin they said 4g was coming by the end of the year.

Comment

Sharp has unveiled a smartphone that doubles up as a robot that can project video from its face and respond its owners' commands.

"Sharp has unveiled a smartphone that doubles up as a robot.The 19.5cm (7.7in) droid can take calls, dance, respond to its owner's voice and beam videos out of its face.
                        Robohon is set to go on sale in 2016, but may be more cute than it is practical."

Comment

So, a month and several tries to get a sim from giffgaff later....gave up and "Joe Bloggs" asked for a sim to be a new customer. Took less than 2 days to arrive!! *****

I'm going to three now anyway...

Nexus 5X is nice though

Comment

Carphone Warehouse got exclusivity on the Chrome Z5 Premium! **** I can't refresh onto it now... so annoyed.

And their deals are crap. 5GB upfront ?50, monthly ?54 or ?49 a month and no upfront fee... Why have that first deal?
                            Last edited by shaffy_oppa; 24-10-2015, 03:44.

Comment

Apple have released an official battery case for the iPhone 6 & 6s. Overpriced at ?79, but handy for the extra juice if you really go through that much battery in a day.

Edit. For anyone interested. I purchased one of these for christmas for my friend. I find all the "hideous" comments being made by reviewers ridiculous quite frankly. The pack is actually quite nice to hold, its made of the same silicone as apple's official cases and the bulge on the back actually adds a nice shape for those with large hands. Battery wise it wont charge the phone from dead to 100%, which is once again a nice bit of short changing by apple, cheap sh**s, but if you have the battery and phone at 100% you're looking at roughly double the usage, give or take. Charging is handled through the lightning port, so all your official chargers are good to go, charge indicator is on the pull down notifications draw. Big minus goes to the headphone jack however which renders almost all headphone useless due to the extra half inch added to the port.

In short, it's an average product at the mo that needs a lot of work to be better, but does its job.
                              Last edited by fishbowlhead; 10-12-2015, 08:50.

Comment

X model sells fewer units than hoped but $999 price sees quarterly profits of $20.1bn

Apple squirmed a little today for once as despite reporting strong profits and userbase for their products the company fell short of its market expectations... why? In short, the iPhone X was a disappointment.

Comment

Working...
                                X