User Tag List

Page 214 of 220 FirstFirst ... 114204212213214215216 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 2193
    Turns out were paying over the odds by a sum of nearly $300 over here for the 64gig X, and $500 premium over the states for the 256gig one.

For the cost of the 256gig X over here you could get a gaming pc with monitor, keyboard & mouse, a decent android phone and have change left over for a flight somewhere.

If you're going to protest the price it clearly isn't for you.

Exchange rate makes it even harder to swallow but I feel the same is true of all Apple products of late. I'm too poor basically.

Alas it was not to be. Our Lead iOS developer (Quite rightfully) got the one and only X order.

Was lucky enough to blag an iPhone 8 Plus. Being delivered quite quickly too, less than 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman Falls View Post
    If I managed to convince my work I needed a mobile for work purposes I'd probably get a Phillips C12
    I love old tech but I don't think an App will run on that bad boy!

Quote Originally Posted by speedlolita View Post
    If you're going to protest the price it clearly isn't for you.

Exchange rate makes it even harder to swallow but I feel the same is true of all Apple products of late. I'm too poor basically.
    I feel you, I would not be able to afford one outright this year if I brought one myself either.

Quote Originally Posted by J0e Musashi View Post
    It does. Its camera is better than a lot of DSLR's.
    Nowhere near, even though you are on about films the sensor size in a phone is tiny compared to a DSLR particularly an FX/FF. Then you have the quality of lens aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by QualityChimp View Post
    Does a mobile need that kind of spec? I mean if a wedding photographer rocked up with an iPhone X, rather than a proper camera, I doubt the bride and groom would be impressed.
    Correct, for stills phones are ****e, put the output from this iphone X next to say a Nikon D850 at 45mp shooting RAW with a nice lens on and no comparison, even an entry level DX/APS-C sensor would blow away anything from a phone, sensor size too small, loads of compression, crap lens.
    Was going to add rubbish at high ISO but doing weddings you'd be at base or extending low.
    Last edited by Ampanman; 13-09-2017 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by QualityChimp View Post
    @speedlolita, @Ampanman, and ideas about resetting this Sharp Aquos SH-10C?
    Not having any luck so far, can you remove the battery, might be an idea taking the battery out for an hour or so and trying again.

Just bought a Moto G5 Plus instead.... https://www.motorola.co.uk/products/moto-g-plus
    Hopefully being not quite so budget, it will last longer. 10 off with UKWELCOME10

プレイステーション
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I3th Racing PSN ID: Mr_Karate
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampanman View Post
    Nowhere near, even though you are on about films the sensor size in a phone is tiny compared to a DSLR particularly an FX/FF. Then you have the quality of lens aspect.
    That's besides the point. Considering that most people use phone cameras for Instagram etc, the iPhone X camera is way better. A DSLR that can do 4K at 60fps is way beyond the realm of 1150.

Quote Originally Posted by J0e Musashi View Post
    That's besides the point. Considering that most people use phone cameras for Instagram etc, the iPhone X camera is way better. A DSLR that can do 4K at 60fps is way beyond the realm of 1150.
    No it's not, you didn't make that point at all in your first comment, if you did I wouldn't have responded as I did.

I don't do snapface and all that rubbish, but even if the X did 8k at 60fps what benefit can you see on a website particularly viewing on a handheld device.
    Plus, my argument still stands regarding the sensor size, put more pixels on a sensor and that generates more noise - degrading quality. My 2003 Fuji S2Pro at 6mp provides far cleaner shots than our P&S at 7mp or the daughters current iphone.

Quote Originally Posted by charlesr View Post
    Just bought a Moto G5 Plus instead.... https://www.motorola.co.uk/products/moto-g-plus
    Hopefully being not quite so budget, it will last longer. 10 off with UKWELCOME10
    Nice one Charles, I want a 5.5 screen so am waiting for the 5s Plus, hope this one doesn't give you any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampanman View Post
    Not having any luck so far, can you remove the battery, might be an idea taking the battery out for an hour or so and trying again.
    I have done, but I can't find the flippin' charger at the minute!

Did I mention it's also waterproof? Another amazing feature for a phone I can't boot. :/