No announcement yet.

August Version Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem with Rare's static is that he usually wants to do ranks which I have no access to.

If you ever want to do either a rank 1 or 2 assault then look me up.

Also, why are you arguing almost all of my points? They're more than valid - I don't need to be told not to do Dynamis if I don't like it. I don't like it because it's a poorly thought out farce that makes a mockery out of almost all MMO end game content. NM camping SHOULDN'T be hard to the point that an item doesn't drop that you want after almost 30+ encounters waiting for god knows how long until it decides to resurface. If I want to waste hours of my life on a pointless and boring endevour I'll go and read the Harry Potter books ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
      If your not into standing about lvlin up and your finding it a grind then your lvlin the wrong job. I never found drk boring but that was prob because it was my first job. I did however get board of meriting for a while when i hit 75.
      PLD ftw.

It's not my jobs I'm bored of, apart from WHM sometimes, it's watching other people play theirs badly and my MP having to pay for it that's the problem. I spend more of my time healing MP than actually doing anything.

Saying that though mate, I get bored of anything after 4hrs unless I'm killing other people. Even blowjobs wear thin after that time (not that I've had a 4hr BJ).

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
      If I want to waste hours of my life on a pointless and boring endevour I'll go and read the Harry Potter books ffs.
      Lol same.
      Last edited by dataDave; 01-08-2007, 13:13.

Comment

Im always up for any assaults always have been. Ok there are certain ones i wount touch every again but thats onry 1 or 2.

Im not arguing your points at all, its seems to be everyones point of view on the game atm. Dyna is poop, it always has been like u said but i dont see why people feel the need to complain about it. If you want the gear (ala me) ill do it. I dont like it but i set myself up in front ot the TV, drinks and food and im good for a few hours. Maybe even catch up with a few people in /tell. But what i dont get is if people dont like it or dont want the gear then why complain about it? Why not just not do it? Same with NM camping, its the way its always been. Sure SE have made changes to certain NM's but its like saying im not gonna do a KS30 and be pissed I didnt get a serket ring cause it "Could" drop but didnt.

SE know that dyna is flawed and thats why TAoU has introduced new end game stuff for us to do as well. Einherjar is random as **** and very hard by the sounds of it but still people complain about that. SE have limits now, the game is old and past its time so sure some stuff is going to be bad compaired to other MMOs, i mean ffs its stuck with what PS2 owners can do.

They should debunk PS2 and upgrade it to PS3 like Tsing said in another post but it wont happen or i very much doubt it.

Dyna is what 3 years old now? People prob loved it 3 years ago. They did great with Limbus and Assault and there is plenty of pimpy gear to come from that.

If people think 90% of FFXI is **** then they should just move to WoW or another MMO like Davi has.
        Last edited by djtickle; 01-08-2007, 13:25.

Comment

PS2 support cannot be ditched as the majority of the player base (especially in Japan) use that format. Plus the PS3 has sold about 4 units worldwide so upgrading to that is not viable. Maybe if sales of PS3 pick up they may do it but it seems highly unlikely.

Comment

They should debunk PS2 and upgrade it to PS3 like Tsing said in another post but it wont happen or i very much doubt it.
            New FF online! \o/ (or at least an alternative to wean ppl across, FFS they've got the cash now surely. I just want a new online FF)

FFXI is fine, it's just been abused by RMT and 5yrs of age. Change anything and it'll be unfair to the people that have already grafted for their rewards.

Comment

Think the point is Davi if they do release a new FF online, which they will at some point. It will maintain a lot of the FFXI character as they aren't shooting for the same market as WoW. By definition if it was I wouldn't be playing nor would 80% of the FF player base.

Think the bottom line is the FF has a dedicated player base that plays most of its games. To become a quick fix MMO vendor moves it from it's market sweet spot into Blizards sweet spot not a smart move by anyones thinking. They will stay were they are, possibly learn from game bottlenecks but I don't beleive you'll see a WoW clone, I have more faith in SE than that.

Hey if I'm wrong I guess I'll have more spare time when FFXI ends.

Comment

Have to say I think (although my resolve may likely be short-lived) if S-E nuke FFXI and create a new MMORPG I don’t think I’ll go over to it. I don’t even like MMORPG and this only appeals because it is Final Fantasy. It’s Vanicent’s fault I even play. September 2003 he pointed out that the US PC version was due out in October and that he was placing an order.

Thought I may as well give it a try. What harm could it do? -_-

I have a strong suspicion that S-E’s next MMORPG (if it’s Final Fantasy based) will be based in the Fabula Nova Crystallis universe.

Comment

I'm not saying FFXI should turn into WoW with PvP and everything else, it just needs something like... active GM that walk around the game world booting RMT, therefore restoring life into things such as farming and crafting, the things I actually enjoy the most that are now broken to the point of not even bothering.

Apart from Sneak+Invis I love this game for what it is, the same as you lot. It's FF, and the best one I've played after VI & VII.

WoW is anything but quick fix mate, 9014/65,000+ honor (1-2 honor per kill) needed for my (pre-expansion) endgame PvP set. I'll be PvPing each night for about 12 weeks, that's if we win every match. I've been told I'm crazy for going for that gear now as it's ****e compared to what's found in the expansion, but that's what I'm like.

That's another flaw with expanding FFXI, introduce lv.75-90 gear and it'll make all this Assault tackle you've been grafting over irrelevant.

-----

Still really want lv.75 before WoG comes out though. I want to play that through without any PuGs if possible
                  Last edited by dataDave; 01-08-2007, 14:17.

Comment

Im always up for any assaults always have been. Ok there are certain ones i wount touch every again but thats onry 1 or 2.

Im not arguing your points at all, its seems to be everyones point of view on the game atm. Dyna is poop, it always has been like u said but i dont see why people feel the need to complain about it. If you want the gear (ala me) ill do it. I dont like it but i set myself up in front ot the TV, drinks and food and im good for a few hours. Maybe even catch up with a few people in /tell. But what i dont get is if people dont like it or dont want the gear then why complain about it? Why not just not do it? Same with NM camping, its the way its always been. Sure SE have made changes to certain NM's but its like saying im not gonna do a KS30 and be pissed I didnt get a serket ring cause it "Could" drop but didnt.

SE know that dyna is flawed and thats why TAoU has introduced new end game stuff for us to do as well. Einherjar is random as **** and very hard by the sounds of it but still people complain about that. SE have limits now, the game is old and past its time so sure some stuff is going to be bad compaired to other MMOs, i mean ffs its stuck with what PS2 owners can do.

Dyna is what 3 years old now? People prob loved it 3 years ago. They did great with Limbus and Assault and there is plenty of pimpy gear to come from that.

If people think 90% of FFXI is **** then they should just move to WoW or another MMO like Davi has.

That's a bad comparison there Dj - a KSNM isn't hours upon hours of life wasted if the worst should happen. You aren't in direct competition with someone in a KSNM, not to mention the fact that I am STRONGLY for BC and KSNMs as they're the only real access I have to gil once I run out of old gear to sell.

My posts have never been to bad mouth the game completely and I'm all for a challenge, it's when SE take things beyond a challenge and I'm forced into having to spend far too much gil on the very few pieces of gear that I actually need because of the way NM camping has been completely dominated by people with faster connections or those that are conveniently stood right next to the NM as soon as it appears. As I've said previously, this isn't my first MMO - I'm a veteran of both EQ and SWG, the prior of the two has earned itself the nickname "Evercamp" over the years as that's what it's been reduced to. If you want something you need to fight for it against several other people (and by several I mean many) and that to me doesn't represent a pleasant gaming experience - if I want PVP there are better ways to go about it. FFXI have adopted this insane method, which could be simplified completely but without removing the value of it by having the NMs spawn in random locations throughout a zone and without a set respawn timer. You should come across these elusive monsters by chance through exploration, you shouldn't be able to set your watch by them.

Comment

I don't get the farming and crafting are broken comments, I do both they are both still very profitable. Farming less so than the crafting etc but hey I'm happy to profit from whatever

Comment

Ignore post.

Comment

I didnt think it was a bad comparison at all, take when we used to do BS60 for Torques or even ODS, you have to setup the party, travel to the location, do the BCs and then sell all the items and split. Thats a could few hours in total. Yeah ok you dont have any comp at all but u still might come way -30 or -60 seals with minus gil in your hand cause you paid for telehs and food or lvl cap gear.

Guess my point is last few pages of the thread people have seems to have moaned about every point in the game...

Missions/Quests
                          EXP
                          Jobs
                          Dyna
                          End Game
                          HNMs/NMs (Camping)

Only limbus / assault and the new stuff (as nobody has really tried yet) got away scot free. To me thats people saying that they dont like the game or it should be done like another MMO. To me just because its done different to other games doesnt make it bad.

Single player FF games and many other games all have flaws at least we get SE trying to fix them.

I tried WoW and hated it, wasnt for me at all id much rather play FFXI flaws or not i like it. I find that the game doesnt really come down to "the game" it comes down to its players. Assaults/Salvage in rargh we have had a cracking time of late, shame we couldnt carry on with salvage as i think we were doing awsome.

As for AaD atm its awsome, events getting done (Trigs, Gods) and we are even getting people helping people through CoP, Organ farming and next week our return to sea.

I was put off end game by AaD at one point and had a breif spell in Midgard as many of you know which I loved as Keru, Waine and Zetto are awsome but I missed my firends in AaD too as I had been part of that for almost the amount of time I had been on this server. Now its been sorted out people have come and gone its awsome and has restored my faith in end game completly.
                          Last edited by djtickle; 01-08-2007, 14:36.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows View Post
                            I'd love to see an MMO where instead of just one character you actually lvl a group of characters at the same time, say a maximum of three. That would fit Final Fantasy perfectly.

More emphasis on making the fighting more enjoyable too. I get the impression most people prefer avoiding mob confrontation.
                            Here you go David :

Sword of the New World gives players more options, variety, entertainment and challenges than any other MMORPG can by virtue of its unique design features. With multi-character control (MCC), players are able to command up to three characters simultaneously.
                            It's got busty pirate wenches. Winner

Comment

That looks pap! ><

I mean something along the lines of me being able to level all my alts, and then bring them together to form a party of WHM, BLM + PLD for instance, and then you come along to party with your THF, SAM + BRD. No reason why anyone can't play with three characters at once with the right macros in place.

Gone are the days of waiting 3hrs for a tank or a healer, and you're levelling three characters at once. \o/

The macro system would need a total overhaul for starters.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                                It’s Vanicent’s fault I even play. September 2003 he pointed out that the US PC version was due out in October and that he was placing an order.

Thought I may as well give it a try. What harm could it do? -_-
                                Funny, I don't recall you mentioning this when you were helping me look for somewhere to buy it from.

Besides, I'd say you've had your money worth from it. Also, I'm certain that you would have decided to "give it a try" even if I hadn't said I was getting it.

Comment

Working...
                                X