No announcement yet.

Warhawk - NTSC-UK Clan based action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry mate didn't see you there! Bugger. I'd play a bit, then the PS3 crashed (first time ever) so I decided to leave to get some work done. Sorry

Not a good turn out, but I enjoy just playing randoms - it's amazing how fun random online games can be when everyone DOESN'T have a headset. I've not been had my sexuality questioned for months now

Whenever you want a game mate, just let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
      are people playing right now? I need to join the clan like. . hehe
      Sorry, I was on yes. Are you in my friends list? John has passed me the clan Point Stick, so I'll send you an invite next time I'm on.

Comment

Originally posted by Chain View Post
        Sorry mate didn't see you there! Bugger. I'd play a bit, then the PS3 crashed (first time ever) so I decided to leave to get some work done. Sorry

Not a good turn out, but I enjoy just playing randoms - it's amazing how fun random online games can be when everyone DOESN'T have a headset. I've not been had my sexuality questioned for months now

Whenever you want a game mate, just let me know.
        Your KDR is extremely good for a new player, 0.94! I have only got 0.41.. my skills are terrible particularly in a warhawk - whenever I pilot one it's just a cat and mouse chase (me being the mouse) and I always get destroyed by missiles.. I have never shaken one off yet!

Comment

Thanks man. Don't worry, I'll teach you how to play

My first game was against a few guys here, but that didn't count for stats. Then I played a ranked game and didn't do too well, but 3 or 4 20 minute rounds later (ie. tonight) I was getting a KDR of 2:1 to raise my average a bit.

Guess I'm pretty good at it, but I can't fly a Warhawk at all. Can take them down with land defenses nicely, and done an awesome tank shot at one as it flew past Got a lot of tricks to learn, like using the knife, and land mines. I've been recommended for a few medals, so that's nice

I enjoy this, it's a nice fun game to turn on for an hour once or twice a week. The graphics are great, lots of lighting effects going on, very smooth frame rate. The controls are too elastic-bandy for me, I've had to turn sensitivity way down. The aiming is holding me back quite a bit. Other than that, a top game. Good sense of scale.

I just have to get the hang of the Warhawk, I get the impression you can dominate if you're good with that.

Comment

May be on this again for a game or two later tonight. Want to get my KDR above 1

Comment

Anyone about now for a few games?

Comment

Sorry man, not on last night. Definitely be on Wed for a good session, can get on early I think that day, 9 maybe, will let you know.

Comment

I've gone back to this recently - playing MGO was becoming way too stressful, the standard of play is far too high and you need real skill to survive there. Warhawk was very refreshing when I went back to it, as it's much more of a run-around romp without the constant fear of death and de-levelling. It's the first time I've really played it since the trophy update, and I've manage to pick up a fair number considering I'm still a total newb - it's good fun.

So I decided to invest in the expansion packs - I have 1,600 yen in my PSN wallet, which will bag me two of the three. Does anyone have any recommendations for which two to get?

Actually it's still **** that you can get all three for 7.99 in the UK store (3.99 separate) but the Japanese one still only has them listed separately - don't suppose the UK expansions will work on a Japanese version...

- update - I bought the jet pack update first, and went to try it out, only to find that people generally put either all the expansion maps on their server or they put none of them. Meaning I had practically zero opportunity to try out the single new map I had bought. I ended up having to load another 1000yen onto my wallet to get all three expansions... but it was worth it!
                  Last edited by Darwock; 24-10-2008, 00:35.

Comment

Working...
                  X