No announcement yet.

Persona 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit of a bump but this game is so god damned awesome it deserves. it.

I don't think I've played a game with this much visual flair since Killer7, and the anime cutscenes are just brilliant. I always find myself thinking 'ooh I'll have an hour on Persona' then before I know it it's 2am and I'm sat there telling myself 'one more day... one more day'... Gotta build up my relationship with that nerdy (but secretly hot) treasurer girl from the student union see! Sooo addictive.

Everything balances together so well; the J-pop inspired schooldays, innocent adventures with schoolmates and secretly saving the world from the shadows every dark hour. I'll never get bored of these guys blowing their brains out every battle.

It's like Buffy meets Bully with added Japanese greatness. Lazy comparisson I know but it fits. The soundtrack is great too; even when I'm not playing I'm walking around with that tune in my head! 'want to be clooooseeee!'

Comment

I finished the game 2 days ago and all I can say is 'Wow!'. Simply amazing.
      Took me about 100 hours though, but I did level a lot.

Comment

Any spoilers are to November 6th!

I'm about 60 hours in, loving every second, and can barely stop playing it. The balance between real life and Tartarus is stunning. I love the way it makes you panic when exams are coming up, (crap, I haven't studied enough!) even though it's not really important! Well, I assume not, I've not failed any exams yet, thanks to some last minute cramming

I've just got to the fifth block in Tartarus and for once the game disappoints me. It's some kind of mental neon block and I can't see the enemies which makes running around them pretty awkward.

Aside from that, the games just class. The amount of stuff to do, the way all the S. Links have cool stories and feel like real people. (Kenji, and Maya being two of my faves. Though that Maya story feels like it should continue IRL - Kenji'd be gutted if he knew. Heh)

Yukari's video from her dad that I've just seen, man, I nearly cried.

This is probably one of the few RPGs I'll play through more than once too, thanks to the New Game +. It apparently lets you keep your Academics/Charm/Courage, so I can spend all my time dating girls instead of studying

You and Chihiro shared an intimate moment

Comment

Guys I need your help. The game arrived after I left for another country to study for MA taking X360 with me, so PS2 and all the rest was left to my bro. He never gets excited about games, more like "task to do", but he got hooked up to that completely. Called me today panicking:

The thing is when he presses Triangle to go to the menu the screen disappears and menu loads, but never loads completely. The only thing is to restart the game. He gets it continously now. Checked other games, button is working fine. He also says there are scratches visible on the surface of the disc, although my dad doesn't see anything. Can they be the cause of that? I told him to let the PS2 and game rest till tommorow, and try again. If that doesn't solve the problem any idea how to fix it without having to send it back first?

Thx a lot for any help!

Comment

I imagine its to do with the disc being scratched. He can get it cleaned, I think gamestation do this, or he could buy one of those gamedoctor (?) thingymyjigs - that might work and its the best thing I can think off.

I guess its possible its a problem affecting certain copies of the game (havn't played mine yet to check) but i'd say thats unlikely, sounds more like an issue that a scratched disc would cause.

Comment

Originally posted by Champloo View Post
              I imagine its to do with the disc being scratched. He can get it cleaned, I think gamestation do this, or he could buy one of those gamedoctor (?) thingymyjigs - that might work and its the best thing I can think off.

I guess its possible its a problem affecting certain copies of the game (havn't played mine yet to check) but i'd say thats unlikely, sounds more like an issue that a scratched disc would cause.
              I wouldn't recommend a gamedoctor. they are absolutly useless, i had one before made the disc look worse and it didn't improve anything. Best getting it done in a proper machine in a gamestation, i think toysrus do it too.

Comment

Sorry, I havn't ever used one, just took it for granted that it couldn't do any harm. Obviously wrong!

Comment

I'm starting to wish I'd picked easy for this! The bosses have started just pinging status effects all over the shop, especially sodding charm which is kinda hard to deal with when everyone has it and is twatting each other. Still loving the game though, just going through a ****load of dis-charms.

I'm too reticent to fuse persona's too as even though the outcome is always higher level, they never seem to have that great spells to begin with. Pyro Jack is great though.

Comment

Really thinking of getting this but have to know beforehand - does it work with swap magic? I was really pissed when Shining Force Neo refused to work

Comment

Originally posted by Jusatsushi View Post
                      I'm starting to wish I'd picked easy for this! The bosses have started just pinging status effects all over the shop, especially sodding charm which is kinda hard to deal with when everyone has it and is twatting each other. Still loving the game though, just going through a ****load of dis-charms.

I'm too reticent to fuse persona's too as even though the outcome is always higher level, they never seem to have that great spells to begin with. Pyro Jack is great though.
                      Yeah, charm is the king of all evil. I was fighting a boss, which was three enemies that could all use Sexy Dance. I fluked two of them without them using it, and I had the third one down to what must have been less than 20HP. Then it used Sexy Dance, and charmed the main character. He promptly used Diarahan completely restoring the enemy, and all I could do was sit and watch my team get wiped out for the next four turns, with no control. Agh!

Fusing: Just fuse them to have the decent spells from the source Persona to begin with.

Comment

I prefer the charms to the instant kill hama and mudo spells, those just are completely annoying.

Had a block 4 fight with a bunch of phantom mages (I think), four of them and the first thing they all did (before I could get a chance to act) was four mahamas.

Absolute pain in the neck.

Comment

Ah man I hate charm, I was fighting the shadows

strength and fortune

and It was taking forever because I wasnt doing much damage to

strength

, had it down so that I couldnt see any of the health bar and then bam; it does sexy dance and charms my main character and Akihiko, both Aigis and Takeba heal themselves then Akihiko hits on Takeba and I hit Akihiko which causes Aigis and Takeba to heal us, I eventually recover from charm after Aigis has died, I dis-charm Akihiko and get ready for the next round...sexy dance, Main and Akihiko charmed again and ended up killing my own team >_< 3 tries later I beat the shadows.

At least with mudo and hama you can keep your main guy alive with Homunculeses

Comment

Originally posted by Orgun View Post
                            At least with mudo and hama you can keep your main guy alive with Homunculeses
                            Yeah, this. And no amount of Hamaons in the world is gonna restore 6000HP to a boss!

I've reached the final boss now, it beat me very easily, so I have levelling to do. But with my HP going up by 3 every level it's seeming quite pointless...

Comment

Ahh crap, not another stupidly massive difficulty spike before the last boss a~la Arc: ToS and Enchanted Arms...

Comment

It's not much more difficult per se, it's just my team mates AI being a bit useless!

Comment

Working...
                                X