"V" The TV Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
    I thought Chad Decker looked SO much like Michael J. Fox...
    I thought the exact same thing! Especially from some angles!

I loved this pilot, it was very rushed but it did well. I do wish they had

delayed the seeing of the reptilian skin until

a little bit further into the season. My feeling for why it was pushed so fast is partly because I think the television executives wanted to see if the show could get a following and under the current economic climate, wasting time building the story is not an option. Prime-time scifi usually falls flat on its face and is expensive to produce.

There were a few moments where the acting and dialogue felt a bit low-budget-scifi, but on the whole I really enjoyed it.

Comment

I just watched the pilot and thought it was pretty good for a pilot. The characters seem to be likeable and Anna is va va voom as well as icey cold with her evil smile and eyes, roll on the next episodes.

Comment

episode 5 was on air on ABC on 30 March, just watched and was rather intrigued. Find it online if you want to see this episode.

Comment

Starts on UK Sci-Fi on Sky on 13th April at 10pm (saw a poster in London) for anyone who hasn't watched it via other means.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeMeAKipper View Post
            Starts on UK Sci-Fi on Sky on 13th April at 10pm (saw a poster in London) for anyone who hasn't watched it via other means.
            In HD too....also available on Virgin, sounds good.

Comment

DL'd the first 5 episodes today and am gonna watch one after Masterchef

Comment

Watched the pilot and the second episode. Not bad, pretty slow to start as you'd expect but it looks like i will get into this even though i've seen the original series and know what happens. Saying that tho, I actually can't remember how the original series started?

The bird out of Lost is as miserable as ever with the same moody vacant expression she always has.

I'm assuming this is a complete reboot of the series with different characters an no one playing Donovan, Julie or Tyler (and i don't mean the kid).

Comment

Mike's son is called Shaun.
                  The original starts with Mike and Tony in El Savador, with the leader shooting at the helicopter , which Julie does to Diana's shuttle later, I want that woman , Diana's says remember.
                  Last edited by MisterBubbles; 07-04-2010, 12:09.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBubbles View Post
                    Mike's son is called Shaun.
                    The original starts with Mike and Tony in El Savador, with the leader shooting at the helicopter , which Julie does to Diana's shuttle later, I want that woman , Diana's says remember.
                    Ahh yeah, i remember now. Yeah, isn't donovan is in a south american country as journo?

Comment

Yes covering the resistance of El Savador, then just as the helicopter is going to kill him the visitors turn up.

Comment

Well I didnt realise the second half of the series was back on in the States, and just happened to stumble onto it again last night. I picked up episode 5 and 6 and rinsed them yesterday. Its not bad, but i thought it was only going to be like a six episode series, but looks like it might go to 8 episodes to even it out.

Its all setting up for a big kick off, but hot damn is Tylers 'girl friend' hot to trot......... I luv US TV series, easy view for all the fellow 'Shallow Hals' among us

I wouldn't say the series is amazing, but it's ok and not overly taxing and mind bending like Lost. It was nice to see

Krycheck from X-files back on TV, but man has he aged....... Oh and is it me or does Scott Wolf remind you of Michael J Fox?

Comment

Yeah he sort of looks like a cross between Tom Cruise and MJ Fox.

It's a bit of a slow burner "V". I watched epsiode 5 last night where it ends with Anna opening her gob so to speak. It just doesn't seem to be going anywhere fast.

Maybe i'm looking through rose tinted specs but i'm sure i remember the original being better than this.

Comment

Originally posted by NemesiS View Post

It's a bit of a slow burner "V". I watched epsiode 5 last night where it ends with Anna opening her gob so to speak. It just doesn't seem to be going anywhere fast.

Maybe i'm looking through rose tinted specs but i'm sure i remember the original being better than this.
                            same here, episode 5 was pretty poor, going to give the rest of this a miss, i cant see this getting another series.

Comment

Originally posted by NemesiS View Post
                              Yeah he sort of looks like a cross between Tom Cruise and MJ Fox.

The pilot was quite fast moving and established loads but all the episodes since have been very slow moving.

It's definitely no where near as good as the original V mini-series. I don't know if the original creator of V is involved with the new show, the reason the latter long running series of the original was so bad was because he left.

The original V is proabably my favourite science fiction story ever. Good memories.

Comment

Originally posted by beecee View Post
                                same here, episode 5 was pretty poor, going to give the rest of this a miss, i cant see this getting another series.
                                I don't think i'll stop just yet. I'll just keep watching an episode here and there and see if it improves. Agreed tho that at the rate its going, theres no way it will get a 2nd series.

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
                                The pilot was quite fast moving and established loads but all the episodes since have been very slow moving.

It's definitely no where near as good as the original V mini-series. I don't know if the original creator of V is involved with the new show, the reason the latter long running series of the original was so bad was because he left.

The original V is proabably my favourite science fiction story ever. Good memories.
                                I remember the original had loads of action. Laser gun fights in the streets and the resistance getting onto the Mothership after Donovans son, the bird who gave birth to a mini meekon, attacks on the water plants and loads of other bits that i don't really want to mention in case it acts as a spoiler to the current series for other people.

Also Anna in nowhere near as conniving as Diana or the blonde piece who turned up for the 2nd series as Dianas superior.

Anyone know what epsiode this is upto btw? I''ve seen 5 but apparently i'm sure i've seen somewhere it's upto 10

If the US networks are going to start rebooting series, why don't they do The Six Million Dollar Man or Manimal
                                Last edited by NemesiS; 09-04-2010, 13:13.

Comment

Working...
                                X