No announcement yet.

John Woo Presents Stranglehold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I can suggest is reloading the last check point, I did this when my Barrage attack achievement locked up. As soon as I reloaded and barraged again it gave it me.

Worth a try.

Comment

So it counted it twice ? So rather than the achievement being glitched you are teh glitcha ><

Comment

Originally posted by Ouenben View Post
        didnt touch the dpad, only used medkits
        Same thing happened to me. I did exactly the same thing again and it gave it to me the 2nd time. Actually, the 2nd time I don't think I dived either or manually used the slo mo.

Comment

I'm really enjoying this game. I wanted to buy it when it first came out but there I had just bought Blue Dragon and Bioshock so it sort of fell by the wayside a little. When I saw it on the Gamestation website for ?20 I thought that was a bit of a bargain so I snapped it up!

Just got to the level where you're

running through the gangsters flat with all the laser beams which cause massive explosions if you touch them. Which is very easy to do

I'm really liking the craziness of ust bombing around running up and down bannisters shooting the crap out of anything that moves (or doesn't move. If you ask me those tables and chairs were asking for it )

The only thing that's annoyed me so far is the quality of some of the cutscenes. Some of them look really nice (and are in game created) whereas some of them have some of the worst compression artifacts I have ever seen. It's like watching early PSOne FMV at times. Shocking

Comment

Their is a glitch in this and if you havent unlocked the dont use a special in a level when you finish the game if you go to continue your game (as it starts from the end bit again) it will unlock it for you as I did this by mistake checking whether their was anymore to it

Comment

Got this for &#163;6 from Ebay. Played it on casual and was unimpressed, but I'm now playing through on Normal and it's alot more fun. I'm playing slower, taking cover and using bullet time sparingly. Just trashing the museum again.

Comment

I only played through this recently too - didn't have any probs with glitched achievements; though, rather stupidly, I decided to play through in Hard because it seemed too easy in Normal.

Come the final level, you have guys spawning out of thin air in front of you who can prety much one-hit-kill. Classsssssy gameplay, there. **** knows what it's like in Hardboiled. Those last two bosses were more than enough for me in Hard.

Comment

I got about three levels in on Hard before dropping it down to Normal, it was getting frustrating. That reminds me, I still haven't finished this yet.

Comment

It's not too bad on Hard until the final level, the Wong one. You literally have enemies spawning right on top of you out of thin air, as I moaned, and the final two bosses that attack together, which I must've tried about 20 times before I lucked out and nailed them with golden guns and barriage. Also, the guys that run out of doors behind you and shotgun you in between boss encounters in that level, that you can't really see because the camera's in so tight.

Comment

I got to the "protect the band" level on Hard before giving up in frustration and turning it down to Normal. I quite liked the game overall, but the bullet time acrobatics simply aren't good enough for more than general pissing about most of the time - mess up a leap, move into the wrong cover and the enemies will decimate you while you struggle to compensate. In that tiny arena I could not work out a perfect strategy that'd keep me from ever falling on my ass and swiftly being murdered while I tried to get back up off the floor. Shame, since it was often a lot of fun despite how dumb it was. I might even buy it again for PS3 now I've switched, if I can find it for cheap enough.

Comment

I believe the PS3 special edition comes with Hard Boiled on BR, making it a great buy imo I'll be picking it up sometime.

I enjoyed this game, though as everyone has said, the difficulty was daft. Felt like a giant playground. I liked ****ing around on the easy setting and blowing the **** out of everyone and everything. On the hard levels, you can't do many of the "cool" moves like riding a trolley as you die far too easily.

Comment

Working...
                        X