No announcement yet.

Sega Ages 2500 Vol. 31: Dennou Senki Virtual On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A while ago on the Sega Ages site they had 5 titles in the Coming Soon section:

Monster World Collection (released)
    Galaxy Force (released)
    Virtual-On (released)
    Phantasy Star Collection
    Fantasy Zone

So it could be one of the 2 yet to be released. Daytona USA would be great but licensing issues may cause issues with that

Comment

I don't think licensing would be an issue. EA hold the Nascar license, but the Daytona track and name is seperate from that (hence why it will appear in Gran Turismo 5: Prologue). Just seems they've got the arcade emulation down to a tee now, so would be great to see the first arcade perfect (playability and visually wise) Daytona USA.

Comment

But they’d still have to pay for the licence, which they may not consider worth it for what is essentially a budget release?

Comment

Granted, they may take that view. I'm sure if they put in online play and released it in the US/EUR as well, they'd easily sell enough copies to turn a tidy profit on it though.

Comment

Can't see any online play unless it goes on XBLA myself . But I love to see a Daytona USA and GunBlade NY SEGA Ages ports . Those are my fav Model 2 games of all time

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
              Can't see any online play unless it goes on XBLA myself .
              I agree, but Virtual-On has LAN Play which would be great on any potential Daytona port

Comment

Indeed. I'm not bothered about Daytona having an online portion myself, simply saying that adding it would easily cover the cost of obtaining the license if sold in the US/EU markets.

Arcade perfect Daytona in any form would be more than alright with me.

Comment

Originally posted by On The Edge of Insanity View Post
                  Have Sega announced which title is next in this series? Judging by recent releases, Daytona USA is starting to look entirely possible now.
                  The Sega Ages 2500 site now has the next 2 titles in the Coming Soon section.

As I mentioned on the previous page, they are:

Phantasy Star I, II, III, IV (this will be awesome if it includes the english language versions like recent Sega Ages games have)
                  Fantasy Zone II DX

After that it goes a bit quiet but I hope Sega continue on.

Comment

You got to love the classic music in virtual on. They don't make it like that anymore. :/

How is the ps2 port, more importantly how are the controls, dual analog would be ideal for this.

Comment

Bloody hell, got most of the Sega Ages lot and didn't even know this one existed? How could i have missed that one of my all-time faves...hmmm time to pick it up. *edit* just picked it up - this bloody place is costing me more money Also noticed the first print of PS2 Sega Rally is available in the playasia sale with Sega Rally '95 for those that don't have it. Thought they;d sold out of this?
                      Last edited by Escape-To-88; 08-01-2008, 21:54.
                      3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Working...
                      X