No announcement yet.

Call of Duty 4 - Xbox 360/Playstation 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mega experience so far. 'Working from home' today so I can crack on with it.

Frantic with a true sense of danger, well worth the cash. Not tried online yet.

Comment

Is there many of you guys playing online? I really fancy getting in on some games over the weekend, but with a more reliable bunch of chaps?!

Comment

If my copy finally arrives *crosses fingers* I'll be on tonight and most of tomorrow.

Comment

sat at work itching to get back to COD4 ... immense game.

Comment

Half-day today, getting out soon then back into the firing line! Reeeesssullltt!! XD

Comment

I'll be on tonight hopefully for some super online multiplayer action!

Comment

bloody hell - last night I put it on for a quick go, next thing I know its 3am and I am in the middle of

chernobyl

getting my arse handed to me time after time.

the change of pace between the marine and SAS levels is good - marine levels are balls out, kill everything that moves running gun battles whilst the SAS missions are more thought out, do you kill or just sneak past enemies.

The mission from the ghillies in the mist vid that was floating around - talk about being absolutely spot on in every single way. The animation on your team mate, on the enemies patrolling, the way your camoflauge works, the sense of panic when you are hiding in long grass with enemies heading your way - just hoping that one of the basts doesn't step on you.

Then we have

death from above

- the most realistic portrayal of modern warfare that I am expecting it to be shown on CNN at some time in the future ...

and what really pushes that mission into your mind is the voice over from the pilot, the way he sounds as though its just another boring monotoneous mission.

Comment

I ended up going back to this again at 11pm till 1am then decided to watch Black Hawk Down on BR till nearly 4am I noticed after my online session though my reactions where way quicker on veteran and I pushed quite far before I hit another brick wall.

Comment

I'm really not a big fan of FPS' but this really is something special. Oozing with atmosphere, some great cinematic 'set pieces' & I don't think I've ever felt quite so immersed by this kind of game before.

I tend not to play online but I think I may take the plunge with this. My skills are probably more Dad's Army than Who Dares Wins though, so may need to put in a good few hours in single player beforehand!!!

Comment

I should be on most of the weekend and for a few hours tonight :P

Prepare yourself for a helmeting

Comment

Is that a euphemism?

Comment

How does veteran compare with CoD 2 (great) and 3 (not great)?

Comment

Had a quick bash, done the first proper section after all the credits n stuff roll and it was coooool! Really mad, the intro part was just crazy then the first level was ace too and I just touched down in the second one but saved it and quit but quickly had a wee poke around and it looks just stunning!

Gonna wait a few hours til I have the house to myself then pump up the volume and tank through this.

Comment

I buckled and traded in a few games for this and am well impressed. The atmosphere is amazing, so much going on around you at all times, you really do fell trepidation as you make your way through the thin, narrow streets.
                              I just did something supercool, some enemies on a rooftop were holding us back, a shot off a few covering rounds, sprinted across some wasteground, knelt down and took them all out. I felt like a real soilder!

Comment

Can't wait to get in about this tonight. One question : Is it still true COD or has it all gone a bit GRAW ?

Comment

Working...
                                X