No announcement yet.

Call of Duty 4 - Xbox 360/Playstation 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up to 9 days 20 hours on this now, playing it all the time now!

Got 3 of the 5 SMG headshot challenges now, taking a while to do but another golden weapon will be sweeet.

Comment

Pft. I'm struggling with my first. Done most of the LMGs but I'm struggling with the M60. It's a swine to get headshots with - stick a grip on it and the iron sights are HUUUGE. Stick red dot on it and it bucks like a swine.

Comment

Red Dot all the way for me dude. You need it for them. I used it for all the LMG's. Didn't struggle that much, got used to it eventually. M60 is probably my fave one of them anyway so good that that's the one you get in gold!

Snipers was fairly easy, just really really time consuming.

Another 23 headshots tonight with the mini-uzi, which I use silencer for right now with UAV jammer so I'm a sneaky wee bastard and creep up behind people all the time to get easy headshots! And you don't really need red dot for them as the gun is quite small and so is the sight so it's easy enough to target with accurately with.

Stick with it anyway dude, you'll get used to it.

Comment

Gold AK47 was the hardest to get, Headsots with MP44 were a swine. Gold M60 and Uzi were easy after the AK47

Still love this game, 113, 243 kills and counting.

Shame work gets inthe way or I could play more!

Comment

Hmm... gold weapons eh? Are you guys all at level 10 prestige then?

Think I'm at 4 or something and I don't think I can be arsed waiting until I hit level 10 before I attempt the gold weapon stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalJoe View Post
              Hmm... gold weapons eh? Are you guys all at level 10 prestige then?

Think I'm at 4 or something and I don't think I can be arsed waiting until I hit level 10 before I attempt the gold weapon stuff.
              Level 10 55 Gold Cross

Comment

I stopped at level 9 because I got bored of challenge pumping. Plus I hate that big gold cross.

I found it waaay easier to do the RPD with grip rather than red dot because its iron sights are really quite good anyway, so you don't need red dot, plus you have zero recoil with the grip. I'm never going to be able to do the assault headshots because a) I hate the M14 outside of hardcore b) the G36 is a piece of crap too, regardless of what perks you stick on it (although I do spam it with double tap in Vacant) and c) I value my kill/death ratio too much to use the MP44

Which is probably why I'm stuggling with the headshot challenges, because the moment my k/d ratio drops below 2:1, I go running back to momma (AK).

I have to say, I've played a hella lot (nearly 18 days playtime now) and I've run into precisely two people with golden weapons, both of which were AKs, and both of which I purloined from them and killed them with ).
                Last edited by anephric; 19-09-2008, 16:18.

Comment

Hehe I just hit 10 days play an hour or so ago while playing through some more SMG headshots. Got over 40 in 3 or 4 hours playing today.

But I do see the gold weapons fairly often. I wouldn't say alot, didn't see any at all today but you come across them sometimes. Never have I seen the gold SMG or LMG though. So it's nice that I have the LMG and I'm very close to the SMG one.

I'm Leve 1 by the way, my mate I play with all the time is 10, after 19 days play! But I never wanted to and went for the gold weapons from the start. People underestimate you when they see level 1 then I whap out my goldies and demolish them.

Comment

Yeah, I was gonna do all the prestiges before I bothered with gold weapons (plus I got fed up of doing all the weapon challenges for the EXP, and I thought using guns I hated would be worse doing headshots, which it obviously is).

Throw me an invite next time you're on - I pretty much only bother with CoD4 online these days. Don't invite if I'm playing Viva Pinata, because that will be the good lady anephric.

Comment

Yeah, levelling up bored me, wasn't interested it earning all these guns and perks then having to get rid of them and do it again just so the icon next to me name was different. I let my kills do the talking, not a silly little gold cross!

Not minding the headshots though, adds a new dimension to the game and I'm really loving silencers and UAV Jammer now having not used them at all before the last week or two, so giving the game a bit more life. Love being a sneaky assasin now.

I play alot with my mates, I started the [SCO] clan, (Scotland) and at first it was like 2 or 3 but there are like 20 of us now so we play full games with 6 of us mostly but when there's space I'll send you an invite, could do with another monster player and you seem pretty good going by your stats!

Oh another thing I love doing now, is getting a helicopter, but not using it until I die. Then the heli will help me earn UAV, Airstrike and another Heli! Can make for some exciting games when you've just deployed a helicopter and you've got another one waiting straight away. Great fun!

Comment

My stats are good because I'm very, very cheap and camp my sweet spots/glory holes very effectively. Although it should be noted I never use Juggernaut or noob tube. I'm very well acquainted with claymores, however.

Comment

Ah your one of these dirty campers then! I'm a run and gunner, always running about full sprint with bullets raining down on me from all directions. I used to be a bit of a claymore man myself but switched back to 3 x Frags now and getting quite tasty with them now. Know alot of spots for throwing them over buildings at the right angle to land of the capture points in domination. So good to get kills from miles away as they are capturing points!

Got a quadruple kill with one grenade yesterday doing just that, District level, I was at C and we were losing B. Ran over to the stairs and lobbed the grenade right over the buildings and got all 4 guys trying to take B. It was awesome!

Then today, on Bog, Domination again, we were losing B and I had an airstrike, stuck it half way between B and the bus, and took out THE WHOLE TEAM!! I was going crazy shouting and screaming when I done it.

Love moments like that.

But yeh, camping isn't as bad as using juggernaut, noob tube or martyrdom. Thats the worst one. I would probably beat someone up if I found out they used that in this game.

God, I don't half talk alot about this game, I really am loving it again right now.

Comment

I've got used to camping my one or two sweetspots per map because I mainly play in random games without regular teammates, and hence because there's no matchmaking and most people are beyond awful, I've got used to not relying on even two or three teammates next to me to kill whoever comes around that corner so like to set up in a defensible position where I know my claymores will alert me to/kill whoever's sneaking up on me. Plus, if my team really is awful and can't defend themselves against gits running in with P90s and juggernaut, I like to try and defend one whole swathe of the map against their ineptitude.

I never snipe, though. G3's as far in that direction as I go, and even then with red dot. I hateses the snipses.

Comment

Aw, poor snipers - so under-appreciated. I've never really understood why they're hated so much, because it does take a degree of skill to be any good at it. I suppose it can be annoying if you're taken out with one shot, but it's not like you don't know where they are if you wanna get your own back. Even if you're playing hardcore, I don't really see what the problem is. I just think it adds to the realism. The Yanks hate it the most, though. My rep has taken a right hammering ever since I tried my hand at sniping. I've even had people negging me for being too aggressive. I mean, how you can be too aggressive playing a war game? Does make me laugh, though. There's something a bit Dr Strangelove-ish about it.

Comment

Pipeline in hardcore + snipers at the back of the hill + ghilly suits + no killcam + modded controllers to rape you with pistol when you try to find them = snipers are bastards.

Comment

Working...
                                X