Kung Fu Master

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kung Fu Master

I can't for the life of me get past the end of level four - I kick the heads off those devils, but they grow new ones and nothing happens to their health bar. Thomas also stubbornly seems to repeat.

After 20 years I think I'm unlikely to work this out for myself. What am I doing wrong? How can I get past them and up to the fifth and final floor?

Crouch punch the one nearest the stairs (the other is a clone).
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I loved the 2600 version of this game...

Comment

Does anyone remember teh cheat for the C64 version where if you pressed control, shift and F1 i think you would pull out a gun and kill an enemy with one shot? It only worked on level one mind but boy did it feel good.

Sigh...........

Comment

It's CTRL + G on the first level.
          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Good ole Mayhem, comes in with the save

Thanks bud, have a 1UP on me!

Comment

Hi Stroppy, i think my score on kung fu master is around half a million, so i'm quite good at it.

Don't know if its been explained alltogether correctly, so here goes..

When you get to the boss, keep your distance, avoid projectiles or kick, punch them, wait for the duplicate, theres 2 right? well, one is fake and one is real, however, they still throw stuff and fake throw.

Make your way to the one on the right, push him right back to the stairs, once he his there, duck punch his tummy. This will happen in a quick sequence and within 3 times hes gone, takes about 7 seconds.

However..sometimes..the one to the right is sometimes the fake, if this is the case, back right off, stay in the middle or so to the two, so you can avoid/kick/punch projectiles. he then becomes one again..follow step one and wait for the duplicate, then! same again..push him to the stairs and duck punch.

You may not get it first time, but once you do it will stay with you

All is fine until about the 4th time through, then getting past the pretty butterflies is hard as they move ikaruga speed.

Classic game, Irem made a special game. (one of many!)

Comment

Wasn't sure anyone would reply to this. Thanks guys, will try that out. It has been really frustrating for years - I can get up to the end of the fourth floor easily and then make not a hint of progress.

I'll post how I get it. It's the NES version I'm playing.

Comment

I still can't believe reviews of the time said the nes version was better! I had it back then, and it certainly isn't IMO.

Comment

Which version do you play? The NES version is the only home version I've tried apart from a Spectrum version (I think). The Spectrum version had a level select, so I was able to try and finish the fifth level then, but I still got annoyed at not beating the fourth.

Comment

I had the original arcade PCB, it isn't Jamma though, see it needs an adaptor. If mame is your thing, or you have no problems playing it, i highly recommend the original game.

Comment

Forgot about this thread. Anyway, I've done it now. The NES version doesn't seem to double up the boss - there's only one in front of you.

Anyway, ShadowDancer had it right. I was always

kicking his head off

which did no damage, instead of

crouch punching him

The boss at the end of level 5, Mister X, is a complete wuss in comparison.

Comment

I love this game..I have fond memories of loving it in the eighties too.
                          Stage 4 boss is a strange one...they're all pretty easy apart from him.
                          I'd say in this order..hardest to weakest.

4th 2nd 5th 3rd 1st (thats how i see it anyway)

It does get a bit nuts after completing it so many times as everything is speeded up.

Comment

On the NES version the boss at the end of level 5 can't reach as far as your sweep kick attacks. He is the easiest on that version anyway.

4th 2nd 1st 3rd 5th for me. The 3rd is the most fun to attack.

The wretched bees made the fourth level very hard for me for years, but they always follow the same pattern and now I can get through them without them touching me at all.

Comment

Working...
                            X