Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shhhhhh!

Comment

My drunken Apple Watch arrived today. I have it set up but now have no idea what it can do. It doesn't seem to have Twitter... I know it can track my runs and I'm going to get good use from that but what else does one do with an Apple Watch?

Comment

Loving this Amazfit!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          My drunken Apple Watch arrived today. I have it set up but now have no idea what it can do. It doesn't seem to have Twitter... I know it can track my runs and I'm going to get good use from that but what else does one do with an Apple Watch?
          Never, ever, be more than a nanosecond away from seeing a notification regarding a new email, IM or call, I think!

Comment

Yeah that seems to be the main thing. Although there is one huge thing - I can now know the time without checking my phone. That's a game-changer. No idea why people didn't think of that before.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              That looks great! Especially the Goldeneye screen!

Comment

Why would work not allow smart watches?
                I work in a zone 2 environment so a non certified battery powered device is a no-no. A shorted battery is a useful ignition source.

Comment

I don’t know what a Zone 2 environment is but I’m pretty sure it is something to do with Godzilla. Man, I wish I worked with Godzilla. I can wear anything I want to work, or indeed not wear much at all, but I don’t get to work in an exciting place that could catch fire or anger monsters.

Going to actually google what a Zone 2 environment is now...

Edit:Wait, google is telling me it’s a place where flammable gas etc are not likely to exist under normal conditions. Genuine question: isn’t that just normal working conditions?
                  Last edited by Dogg Thang; 05-04-2018, 20:59.

Comment

I don’t know what a Zone 2 environment is but I’m pretty sure it is something to do with Godzilla. Man, I wish I worked with Godzilla. I can wear anything I want to work, or indeed not wear much at all, but I don’t get to work in an exciting place that could catch fire or anger monsters.

Edit:Wait, google is telling me it’s a place where flammable gas etc are not likely to exist under normal conditions. Genuine question: isn’t that just normal working conditions?
                    Frustratingly, you can't see if this guy, operating in a Zone 2 environment, is wearing an Apple Watch:

Comment

Yeah that seems to be the main thing. Although there is one huge thing - I can now know the time without checking my phone. That's a game-changer. No idea why people didn't think of that before.
                      The cycle of pocket watch to wristwatch completes once more.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                        The cycle of pocket watch to wristwatch completes once more.
                        My mind is well and truly blown.

Comment

Yeah but it’s when conditions aren’t normal there is potential for flammable substances to be around. Lots of hydrocarbons, some above auto ignition temperature, where I work as well as other noxious substances. No kaiju though.

Comment

In a mad moment of thinking I picked up the Casio "royale" world time watch.
                            It's actually the AE1200WHD although mine is Japanese and has the slightly different serial number of AE1200WHD-1A.
                            To be honest I quite like it. Its got a great 80s throw back vibe to it. It's also water proof to 10barr.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                              In a mad moment of thinking I picked up the Casio "royale" world time watch.
                              It's actually the AE1200WHD although mine is Japanese and has the slightly different serial number of AE1200WHD-1A.
                              To be honest I quite like it. Its got a great 80s throw back vibe to it. It's also water proof to 10barr.
                              It's a nice watch, I had one previous to the one I have now, unfortunately mine stopped working, it's the only Casio I've ever had that developed a fault.
                              Only thing I didn't like was the case is plastic (thought it was metal) and over time the strap takes the paint off the case.

I've currently got a WV-58U, excellent, radio controlled time. Aside from the countdown only being able to set in minutes I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
                                It's a nice watch, I had one previous to the one I have now, unfortunately mine stopped working, it's the only Casio I've ever had that developed a fault.
                                Only thing I didn't like was the case is plastic (thought it was metal) and over time the strap takes the paint off the case.

I've currently got a WV-58U, excellent, radio controlled time. Aside from the countdown only being able to set in minutes I love it.
                                I read about the case being plastic on another forum. This one is all metal though, the case and strap. Maybe that's why the serial number is different?

Comment

Working...
                                X