Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated.

Very Hard story missions are indeed, very hard. GRRR!! ft: ft: ft:

You can unlock the AX racers if you beat them though. Don't know about AX cup yet - but this game is HARD!!

Sorry about not updating the leaderboard - I don't have a PC at home.

Having probs with Diamond cup on Expert. I hope I don't have to complete everything on Master before I unlock more stuff. I'm getting tired of the difficulty now - it's giving me headaches.

Hopefully, I should have some decent times when I get back to time attack due to the amount of times I've raced against elite opposition on all the tracks. Port Town 2 and Lightning 2 were once my most hated tracks - they're now my two faves! LOL.

Oh yeah - Diamond Cup = BEST TRACKS EVER!! Fire Field 2 is a little too plain though. Cosmo Terminal = Best in-game tune + Best Track so far, IMHO.

Comment

For Diamond Cup you should be looking to win Cosmo Terminal and Fire Field II, and come in the top 5 for Sand Ocean II and Aeropolis II. Then Phantom Road isn't such a pressure and you can probably come 15-20th and still win the Cup easily... well that's what happened to me

So far I've got all of them on Expert and Ruby on Master...

I've come oh so close to winning Story #2 on VH to get an AX racer. Haven't looked into Story #1 on VH in depth (requires airbrakes to get all the pods) and only beat Story #3 on Normal so far.
      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
        For Diamond Cup you should be looking to win Cosmo Terminal and Fire Field II, and come in the top 5 for Sand Ocean II and Aeropolis II. Then Phantom Road isn't such a pressure and you can probably come 15-20th and still win the Cup easily... well that's what happened to me
        Yeah - I started not giving a **** about coming 1st all the time from playing Sapphire on Expert. Instead, I started to concentrate on 'taking out' my rivals ensuring they end up with nil points giving me the easier lead. Gotta cheat to win these days.

Currently using either the Sonic Phantom or the Golden Fox for everything. I've bought all the cars and now looking to construct the greatest time trial craft ever - even if it does look slightly shoddy.

Comment

Ruby Cup

Aeropolis (Multi-breaks) - 2'26"466 - Twin Noritta - PH

Comment

Emerald Cup

Fire Field- 03'03"150 ( Black Bull )- venom743

Comment

EDIT: Times updated.

Mayhem: How the hell do you get the Super Wolf Z to stick to the bottom of the track on Vegas Palace?? I made the craft last night but can't seem to get it to stick. Soz for forcing you to go back to SideShift. - That's only the 3rd time I've actually made it around the course in one piece - I keep trying to jump the corners y'see.

PH: That's a F'n damn good time on Aeropolis!! - I wouldn't mind your ghost providing you saved it (?).

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
                PH: That's a F'n damn good time on Aeropolis!! - I wouldn't mind your ghost providing you saved it (?).
                How do you save the ghosts??

Comment

Originally posted by PH
                  How do you save the ghosts??
                  It's on the menu which comes up after you finish the time trial race. It's in Katakana - I would tell which option but I'm not at home >_<
                  (maybe this is a good time to use NTSC-UK's Japanese guide man)

Comment

When you finish a time trial, I believe 7 options appear to choose from. In order I hope they are (memory time!)...

Repeat
                    Change setup
                    Change track/craft
                    View replay
                    Save replay
                    Save ghost
                    Quit

If you choose to save either replay or ghost, you then select which memory card to save onto. Click the top option in the box that comes up (SAVE) and it's done.

You can view the replays in the menu option on the main screen. You can use the ghosts by pressing Y when selecting a track to race on. If you've unlocked the staff ghost, select it and beat it during the race, you get 25 points (well I did for Vegas Palace I).

As for that track using Super Wolf-Z, there is a threshold speed where you will going flying off the track on the last hill of the lap regardless of how much you jam the stick forwards. The trick is to make sure you don't exceed it Actually I think for the first lap I took a little leap and crashed a bit but stayed on target when I beat the ghost time for the first occasion. Sadly I wasn't racing it! I then had to go back and duplicate what I'd done against the sodding thing tch. Ended up with a better time (by a tenth of a second) but a far lower top speed because I'd made sure not to go flying again.

For the record, I do have the ghost (and possibly the replay, have to check) for the first time I beat the Staff time, so they are available whenever if people want to look I guess
                    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Mayhem + Saurian : Thanks for the saving tips. Worked it out now.

Got a new best:

Ruby Cup

Aeropolis (Multi-breaks) - 2'24"883 - Twin Noritta - PH

Comment

Originally posted by PH
                        Mayhem + Saurian : Thanks for the saving tips. Worked it out now.

Got a new best:

Ruby Cup

Aeropolis (Multi-breaks) - 2'24"883 - Twin Noritta - PH
                        Saving replays is probably the most helpful function I find - you can switch to 'in-game view' and then analyse your motions and correct mistakes in your head for your next attempt.

BTW: Beaten staff ghost records will be recorded in red - and custom craft used in blue, if you haven't already worked that one out.

Comment

I am SO going to kick your collective arses on this once I get my copy.

Comment

Originally posted by JibberX
                            I am SO going to kick your collective arses on this once I get my copy.
                            You wish - you'll need to stay up for 7 days constantly to catch-up on practice.

How does that make you feel? Eh? Knowing that pure, hard fact?

Comment

How does that make you feel? Eh? Knowing that pure, hard fact?
                              I dunno, natural God given talent makes up for that.

Comment

Sapphire Cup

Big Blue (Drift Highway) - 1'15"426 - Twin Noritta - PH

Should be plenty of improvement in that time. A couple of minor errors over the 3 laps, and a complete mess of the quick left/right combo on lap 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X