Red Gamegear on eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Gamegear on eBay

Never seen a plain red one before. I've heard of the Blue sports pack and the Coca Cola ones, but I browsing through the "bay" and came across this. Tad pricey and no box or instructions but thought one of you guys may be interested!

Linky

Would have had it myself but just ploughed some money into some NGPC and NGP stuff.
    Last edited by Hairydavey; 12-12-2007, 21:27. Reason: Can't afford the bugger.

I've got a blue one currently. During the summer I saw a Yellow, Red, Coca Cola red and a white one on eBay. Couldn't afford them sadly...

Comment

Man, if you guys want a Red game gear so bad I could get you one or how about a virtua fighter one? 50 pounds ok?

Yakumo

Comment

A Virtual fighter GameGear? Never heard of that one before! Wouldn't happen to have a random pic of one would you mate?

Comment

Sure mate. Here's the console.

and this is what the box looks like.

I don't actually ownthis but a shop near my work has one for sale.

Yakumo

Comment

Last edited by bootmonster; 13-12-2007, 10:52. Reason: Damn! Beaten to it!

Comment

Nice looking bit of kit! Would certainly be very interested if you had one for sale. Take it uses standard Gamegear cartridges?

Comment

Saw red and yellow ones in Aki last summer, they were pretty cheap - no more than £20.
                That VF one looks a bit special.

Comment

Originally posted by Hairydavey View Post
                  Nice looking bit of kit! Would certainly be very interested if you had one for sale. Take it uses standard Gamegear cartridges?
                  I don't have one at home but a shop I visit has had one for quite some time. I can get that if you want one.

Oh, yes, it takes normal Game Gear carts.

Yakumo

Comment

Pm inbound Yakumo, thank you very much for your kind offer. Very much fancy one of those

Comment

That's interesting, not seen a Red GG before.

If you're ever in Japan it's the best way to pick up cheap GGs. eBay is far too expensive. I've found a boxed (with slipcase to boot) Coca Cola GG for about 4000 Y, a Puyo Puyo set one for ....I thinkit was 1500 Y, and a blue Ninku one for ....3000 Y.

I was quite over the moon as a GG lover.

Comment

Wait, Puyo Puyo edition Game Gear?

(Rapid google image search)

Was there actually a PuyoPuyo-themed Game Gear released? Or was it just in a box with a picture of Arle on the front and a bundled cart?

Because the first option, that would be pretty neat.

Comment

Eh sorry to get your hopes up - it was a simple black GG.

Just a Puyo Puyo boxset, with some PP game, and artwork on the box.

I'm at work atm, but will post a pic if you'd like when I get home.

Now I remember...got it from Sofmap Akiba for 1500 Y...

Comment

Here's a pic; it's the one on the right (obviously).

That's the CC GG in its slipcase in the middle, off-blue Ninku set one on the left.

Comment

Originally posted by id-republix View Post
                              Eh sorry to get your hopes up - it was a simple black GG.

Just a Puyo Puyo boxset, with some PP game, and artwork on the box.

I'm at work atm, but will post a pic if you'd like when I get home.

Now I remember...got it from Sofmap Akiba for 1500 Y...

It's all good; now I won't spend any time searching Akiba for one in June.

I'd heard of the Coca Cola - nice find there by the way - and the blue Game Gears before; I remember seeing pictures back when US magazines actually used to have import coverage.

Comment

Working...
                              X