Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was your first ever Christmas 'video' game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Seany View Post
    Mine was a Commodore Plus 4 with Fire Ant and some flight sim, can't remember the name of it but it was a sort of dogfighting one, remember it was hard enough to take off, let alone shoot anything. Fire Ant was the tits though. Loved that game.
    Holly **** ! I Had a commodore Plus 4 as well with Fire Ant. I can't remember much from them though because I was so young. Also had Tresure Island and some maths education racing game/. It came with 12 games from what I remember. We also had Commando for it !!

Yakumo

Comment

I think it was Christmas '86 that I recieved this (along with a 2600 Jr). I was a happy little kid. Adventure still has a special place in my heart (and something I actually still play every now and again). I also got Moon Patrol, Centipede and Star Wars that Christmas, but I remember Adventure being the first game I opened.
      Last edited by [nothing]; 21-12-2007, 18:48.

Comment

Me, too, for what it's worth. Adventure was a lovely little game, and I played it for hours on end, resorting in the end to speed runs.

Comment

Does this count? Christmas when I was about 5 years old.

Apart from that, my parents weren't having anything to do with those evil brain destroying video games, so I suspect the first video game I actually received at Christmas was probably something from my wife.

Comment

The first one I remember is Sonic 2, though I might have had my megadrive the crimbo before, Im not sure!

Comment

A few Atari 2600 games, with my new shiny Atari 2600

My fave was Smurf so I say that, but I also had Q*Bert, Centipede, Pole Position, Dig Dug and a few others.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                A few Atari 2600 games, with my new shiny Atari 2600

My fave was Smurf so I say that, but I also had Q*Bert, Centipede, Pole Position, Dig Dug and a few others.
                Me too, had stacks of faves on the 2600 (Wooden Console Version). Frogger, Tutankamen, Centipede, Millipede, Q*Bert.

Frogger was probably my fave.

Comment

Mine was a Commodore Plus 4 with Fire Ant and some flight sim, can't remember the name of it but it was a sort of dogfighting one, remember it was hard enough to take off, let alone shoot anything. Fire Ant was the tits though. Loved that game.

Brought tears to my eyes that.. I had exactly the same, also with the crappy maths and reading games, but a belting pacman rip-off called the exorcist. Also a very nasty game called Treasure island, which required memorising a complete map.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                    Holly **** ! I Had a commodore Plus 4 as well with Fire Ant. I can't remember much from them though because I was so young. Also had Tresure Island and some maths education racing game/. It came with 12 games from what I remember. We also had Commando for it !!

Yakumo
                    O SNAP!

Comment

Mine was an amstrad cpc 464 with the good old green screened moniter, I remember getting up on christmas morning in 88 i think, possibly 89, everyone was sat playing Manic Miner, then hey all turned round saying heres your christmas present.

Comment

Think it was 1986 or 87 and I got an Atari 2600 Jr. with St dragon and centipede. It was the only present i'd ever been allowed to open before xmas day (opened on xmas eve via much whining) and it was brucked by my brother by boxing day morning, think he tried hammering a cart in the wrong way and something bust. still good times!!!

Jus found the old advert for centipede here freak crazy.
                        Last edited by Macksujin; 28-12-2007, 18:50. Reason: found tv ad

Comment

i had one too

fire ant was awesome...

Other games I remember were

icicle works, exorcist and treasure islands.

I had some kinda shooter where the ship looked like a willy and you collected shields that looked like condoms.

Comment

1998 was when i got my ps1 console... was really happy and over-joyed

Was playing the hercules game alot as i was still a big Sega Megadrive gamer at the time

Comment

Originally posted by wicky View Post
                              i had one too

fire ant was awesome...

Other games I remember were

icicle works, exorcist and treasure islands.

I had some kinda shooter where the ship looked like a willy and you collected shields that looked like condoms.
                              I quickly followed these games up with POD (absolute classic), Prospector Pete, Commando and any over 1.99 classic I could save up for.

Comment

Im playin it right now actually on my nes. Been playin it all the way through WITHOUT the whistles and no save feature obviously. About 6 hours now!! Just about to enter the last pipeworld (world 7) castle!

Such a beautiful game!

Comment

Working...
                                X