Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was your first ever Christmas 'video' game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kyo_244 View Post
    Such a beautiful game!
    It is amazing - in my mind Mario World was always the better game, but a recent revisit to both has made me think otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by parkinho View Post
      It is amazing - in my mind Mario World was always the better game, but a recent revisit to both has made me think otherwise.
      Well thats the next game i plan on completing. Seriously though theres so many neat touches to the game that I never even realised when I was a kid. Like the way you can still hear the footsteps of the hammer bros on the world 2 map.. even when you've defeated them all. Or so you think!

Comment

My first ever Christmas game for a "proper" console was Super Mario World the year the SNES was released; sheer brilliance!

Typical family Christmas. I wasn't aloud to even get the SNES out of the box until everyone had opened their presents (including my Grandparents who only tear off the smallest corner of a present and then put the parcel back down again ) Then I had to wait until after Christmas dinner which seemed to go on for aaaages that year. And then I had to sit through the Queens speach and visits from our next door neighbours.

Finally got the SNES out of the box at about 4.30pm. The plus side of that was that we have "tree presents" in the afternoon; smaller gifts to round off the day. My tree present was Street Fighter II and my younger brothers was a second pad.

Awesome!!

Comment

Nice story teddymeow.

Bought a big smile to my face.

Comment

Mine was Grandstands Astrowars. Same as many.

Comment

Super Mario Land

I accidentally opened it BEFORE opening my GameBoy back in 1991.

Comment

The first ever games I got as Christmas prezzies were Elite and Tir Na Nog for the Spectrum.

Great days

Comment

Batman Carpet Crusader game with a C64 system, the graphics where awsome and had some really nice music, just couldn't figure out the gameplay, think I where to young, but i didn't stop me playing it over and over again.

Comment

Working...
                  X