Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was your first ever Christmas 'video' game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was your first ever Christmas 'video' game.

Not strictly a 'video' game but I loved Grandstand's 'Invaders from Space, circa 1980 - only a 'handheld' but still brings back happy memories when I think of the excitement of receiving this. Not much to look at now but at the time we played this all day until the batteries were all finally gone. Got Astrowars the next year which was a huge step up.

Last edited by Max P.; 20-12-2007, 07:22.

Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Mine was Super Shinobi for the Mega Drive from my mum Man, she knows sweet FA about games but she picked a fantastic title back then in 1988.

Yakumo

Comment

Comment

Robocop 2 demo on c64, I went through all my tapes and stuck on that one for hours, was pretty good, especially compared to the first one.

Comment

Last edited by aubtin; 20-12-2007, 10:00.

Comment

First ever computer for christmas was a commodore 16 with a strange "street sports" game that involved using bricks to do shot putting through window panes amongst other things, the name completely evades me!

Comment

Combat, Pacman, and thankfully ...

Comment

Beach Head on the Acorn Electron, loved it at the time but wonder how it plays now!

Takes me back..............

Comment

I think it was this, as I got a spectrum 48k for Christmas and this is the game I remember most from that Christmas, this and Jumping Jack.

Comment

Last edited by MarioMark; 20-12-2007, 12:15. Reason: Image rehosted

Comment

First game related xmas present (which I still have), a Grandstand 6000 Colour Video Sports Centre. A pong type machine which featured a dial to select from various pong style sports games. The colors were green for the background and blue and yellow for each team. This had the floppiest joysticks ever.

Last edited by hudson; 20-12-2007, 11:23.

Comment

Working...
                              X