Mystical ninja starring goeman N64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mystical ninja starring goeman N64

This game was pretty underrated, it was a pretty fun little action/rpg/3d hybrid, i loved the characters and the wacky story, not to mention the mech boss battles! anyone else a fan of this game?

What I remember most about this game is the really really odd music with JP vocals, some part at the end the boss started singing about herding sheep or something, weird lol.

But it was fun game, definetely better that the side scrolling follow up.

Comment

Yes, it's up there with the best titles of that generation, simply for it's quirkiness. It's something we rarely see these days in this age of 3d shooters and driving games.

The mech battles are truly hilarious. I still have the game now in mint condition simply because I know I'd like to go back to it one day.

Comment

This needs to come to Virtual Console damnit - I can't praise this game more highly, I loved every minute of it. The soundtrack, the stereotypically hilarious translation, the story was brilliantly original and it just reaked of quirkiness and cheese - everything you'd come to expect from an anime inspired video game.

My only gripe was that the western releases never got the full title screen intro - about half of the theme song was exclusive to the asian release. Fortunately I have the full soundtrack and benefit from the title screen music as it was meant to be heard
        Last edited by Daragon; 22-12-2007, 10:28.

Comment

Remember really enjoying this as well. Never played either sequel, however. Was the ps2 one any good?

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
            This needs to come to Virtual Console damnit - I can't praise this game more highly, I loved every minute of it. The soundtrack, the stereotypically hilarious translation, the story was brilliantly original and it just reaked of quirkiness and cheese - everything you'd come to expect from an anime inspired video game.

My only gripe was that the western releases never got the full title screen intro - about half of the theme song was exclusive to the asian release. Fortunately I have the full soundtrack and benefit from the title screen music as it was meant to be heard
            This is what i said in that, games i would like to see added to the vc thread. Everyone ignored me.

I bloody loved it when it first came out, i rented it more than once, it was at a time when i was young enough not to have alot of money. I never managed to play the sequel unfortunatly.

I also have the soundtrack too. The main songs are sung by Kageyama Hironobu, who was huge in japan at the time. He is mostly known for singing all the Dragonball songs. Is it just me or does it sound like he says ****ing! at the end of the song Ore wa Impact! ?

"Ganbare SO Ganbare
            Akiramenaide
            Kuchibue fuki Saa Aruki-dasou yo
            Going Now"

Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 22-12-2007, 19:29.

Comment

"Gorgeous my stage" is my favourite

Comment

wow, i had no idea this game was so popular with people. did anyone play the 2D sequel?

Comment

It'd would be great to see this and the 2d sequal on the VC, it's a real shame that konami and sony decided it wouldnt be worth releasing some of the other games over here, The DS goemon game is a lot of fun but i cant help but feel im missing out on all the quirky humor. I heard that the DS game might be the last goemon game that konami make due to the poor sales although it did get a buget release, so i dunno. hopefully some fans will translate some of the games sometime, especially the ps2 game which seems hard enough without the language barrier from what i've played of it.

also, does anyone know if the pal mysitcal ninja was optimized?

Comment

Nice to see that theres some goemon love on here, the N64 games were indeed great. I loved the third N64 one too, even though its a card battling game its incredibly fun.

Comment

Working...
                    X