Psychonauts (Jan) - Where to get it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Psychonauts (Jan) - Where to get it?

This is available to download on Xbox Marketplace.

It's also available on loads of platforms on previous generation, so most people should be able to get hold of a copy that want to.

Its also on steam. If you want the best looking one go for the pc version.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
      And the worst controls.... (unless you get a PC joypad or Xbox 360 adaptor)

Comment

I actually preferred playing Psychonauts with k&m.

Perfect opportunity to pick up the big box american version. Hopefully I can find a signed copy somewhere.

Comment

more of a personal thing with me i guess. just cant stand using K+M for platformers

Comment

Originally posted by Ouenben View Post
            And the worst controls.... (unless you get a PC joypad or Xbox 360 adaptor)
            are you serious???

Its piss easy to control mate!

Comment

Welp I always thought the view button next to the item meant it was out of stock. Just meant that you had to click through so you could add some extra text when it was signed by schafer.

Signed big box ordered! (and too much extra stuff. Doubt they'll mark down as requested ;( )

Comment

I didn't necessarily mean the controls were bad just that I think a controller is always better for 3D platformers (Well a good controller anyway)

Comment

Awesome, I have had an unopened copy of the PS2 version of this I got in a sale ages ago!

Comment

I just finished playing this about a week ago, actually, and I will second the sentiment that the PC version looks really nice compared to the Xbox version.

It handled quite nicely with a Logitech joypad, though I did have to spend a few minutes turning down the sensitivity and fiddling with button assignments. I can't fathom getting through the meat circus with KB&M, so anyone who's managed that gets my respect.

Oh, and the first time you load the game, you set your mouselook preferences through a little animated sequence, but the joypad won't work on first play. You need to do it with the mouse, then from that point you can use a joypad.

Pet peeve: Even when you ARE using a controller, all the "press X to do Y" refer to the keyboard assignments, not the buttons you've set up.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                      Also if you buy it before 1st Jan, you get it for the bargin price of ?6!

Comment

Anyone know the length of this roughly? I might for once actually participate in this, assuming it's not too long (Which I'm sure it's not) - had this for a while on the PS2 and not actually gotten around to playing it.

Comment

Morrisons are usually a good stockist for the xbox version

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                            Anyone know the length of this roughly? I might for once actually participate in this, assuming it's not too long (Which I'm sure it's not) - had this for a while on the PS2 and not actually gotten around to playing it.

It's really a pretty quick game if you don't let yourself get sucked into the "collect everything collectible" trap. I played through it over three nights.

Granted, I was up until 2AM two of those nights, it really did suck me in.

During the game, you get higher and higher level by collecting various bits & pieces. The maximum level you can get is 100, which I think takes a fair bit of patience and replaying missions. When I finished the game, I was level 65 - if I'd wanted to get up to 100, I think it would probably have doubled the time spent.

Comment

So 12 hours for a medium length playthrough? ish?

Comment

Working...
                              X