Euro/USA NGH:Are they crippled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euro/USA NGH:Are they crippled?

Hi, are the US or EURO Neo Geo AES Systems crippled in any way? eg output or censorship etc? If so how? thanks for your help.

Yes, PAL consoles run in bordered 50hz and both PAL & NTSCU consoles will display white blood and less bouncy tits in certain games, i believe.

Comment

US / Euro consoles have no red blood and some censored sexy content, furthermore Euro machines are 50hz only. They can all be modded with the Unibios chip to get around this but it's probably cheaper to get a Japanese console if you don't mind Japanese text. Hope that answers your question mate.

Comment

Get a JP one with a Unibios and a memory card, best option for me anyway, (memory card so you can save the region you select)

Comment

Oh dear. Can anyone tell me what region this is? Im pretty sure its not japanese? Dont worry not bought anything yet!

Comment

japanese , if its in that box

beware of ngh systems with such a high serial, the RGB output is terrible, almost worse than composite, it'll cost you £50+ at least extra to get it RGB bypass modded for crystal clear RGB.

ngh systems with serials under 50k are great for RGB from the get go

Comment

Japanese great thanks. 021480 is under 50k is it not? Or am i reading it wrong?

Comment

Glad it wasn't just me that thought that

Comment

Leave it to the experts DH it a serious question though if someone could answer that would be great

Comment

yeah, 50,000

Comment

Great. thanks all*gets calculator*

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
                        Oh dear. Can anyone tell me what region this is? Im pretty sure its not japanese? Dont worry not bought anything yet!
                        http://moeroshop.net/EBAY00/SN-AEC-21480_01.jpg
                        Turns out its an American system according to the seller

Comment

Only JPN systems came in the white box. Early JPN systems at that. Either the seller doesn't know what he's talking about or the system has been swapped with the original one. You only have to mess with jumpers anyway to get red blood and bounce on a USA or PAL system. It's an easy fix.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

The seller has 3 systems for sale, all in white boxes, insists there American consoles. see this pics http://moeroshop.net/EBAY00/SN-AEC-25614_01.jpg
                            Says SNK USA on the box???
                            Last edited by SuperDanX; 29-12-2007, 15:57. Reason: link fixed

Comment

That's actually right. JPN units are Neo-O, while USA and PAL units are Neo-AEC. I've never seen a non-JPN unit in a white box though, like ever. That unit will offer the best RGB picture out of the box however.
                              Last edited by J0e Musashi; 29-12-2007, 15:38.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                              X