Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Played through and beat Broken Sword 5 over the past week or so which was really, really good. Far better than 3 and 4 and a lot closer to the first two. It's had me checking Wikipedia constantly reading up on Gnostics and such.

Comment

Going to try and finish Batman: The Enemy Within today, it's been much more enjoyable than the first season

Weekend will go to Devil May Cry 5, it's fun but fan praise has definitely over egged this economical return of the franchise

Comment

Been playing a game called Manual Samuel off Game Pass, very quirky and I'm enjoying it. Hard to describe, it's a 2D side-on simple adventurey thing with an emphasis on the bizarre control method used to control the main character. Think of the LT/RT climbing mechanics of COD used for the movement of Samuel's legs, the fact you have to breathe and exhale and blink and do all this when you're doing other stuff...which involves even more controls.

Just started level 4 and it's a driving bit with an angle that looks like Parappa on PS1. And you are controlling a 'manual' car (the game makes a joke about this). So, then you've got to breathe, exhale, blink, all the while using the clutch, accelerator, brake etc. Keep forgetting to breathe and have passed out at the wheel twice so far. Luckily, it's forgiving.

It's weird, it's different, I hear it only takes a couple of hours and I'll probably never play it again after I finish it but it's very cool for what it is, a departure from the norm and sometimes it's fun to relearn how one controls a game.

Comment

Gave up on Manual Samuel at the level 7 boss. Couldn't be arsed anymore, the whimsy has turned to annoyance and there's only one more stage left and the rest haven't been anything of density, it's just an interactive cartoon, really.

Such a rapid turnabout of opinion!

Comment

I think this is the flip-side of the coin [MENTION=6476]JazzFunk[/MENTION].

Having so many games on demand also means it's easier to give up on games when you feel something more deserving of your time should be being played.

Too much choice can be a bad thing!

Comment

Master Prestige fun grind continues, Level 264 now on BO4. Lovin it!

Comment

@QC, yeah, I thought I'd be 'wise' and pick about six and play them all. Ended up DLing about ten, haha. Think I'm only gonna end up finishing Cracky 3 tbh...

Comment

Another night wandering the world of Sekiro and I found myself getting bored, it's not as compelling or as nicely structured as the Souls games so time is better spent working through other stuff. Not to say it'll be better stuff lol I think this week will now go on:

-God of War
                  -Dead or Alive 6

Comment

Had a proper funny moment in RDR2 last night.

I was on a fishing mission and as we're chatting, we hear someone whistling and a guy starts swimming nude, but he tells us where a legendary fish is.

A bit later on, I return to the spot to catch blue gill fish for the survivalist challenge, only for this guy to turn up again, but he's not content with swimming, he gets out and starts doing some naked stretches too and both me and Arthur were really uncomfortable.

It was a really funny moment and also made me laugh that somebody at Rockstar had to model a digital schlong.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      Had a proper funny moment in RDR2 last night.

I was on a fishing mission and as we're chatting, we hear someone whistling and a guy starts swimming nude, but he tells us where a legendary fish is.

A bit later on, I return to the spot to catch blue gill fish for the survivalist challenge, only for this guy to turn up again, but he's not content with swimming, he gets out and starts doing some naked stretches too and both me and Arthur were really uncomfortable.

It was a really funny moment and also made me laugh that somebody at Rockstar had to model a digital schlong.

Comment

Bust a Move.
                        Mighty Pang.

F1 Circuit megadrive (but that was rubbish).

Xbox is in emulation mode, so racking through a bunch of old stuff.

Also playing too much Titanfall (1 and 2). Currently about to go into Gold Tier in the first one in current season.

Comment

I cannot leave Bloodborne alone. I started yet another character, an arcane one. WOW it truly kicks arse. I absolutely melted Amelia. I've managed to solo the bosses with this new character.

It's funny looking at the stats, my current level is 73 with 17 hours played, my last one is 80 odd with 45 hours - you can really tell how much I have improved and how much more OP my arcane character is. I am at Nightmare of Mensis and I feel I am slightly under levelled. I am most definitely under levelled for level 3 in the lower Pthumeral chalice dungeon. Am getting my butt whipped.

Comment

Another one of those weeks were I'm going to struggle to stick to anything. Pushing on the Story Mode on Dead or Alive 6 but... it. is. awful

There's Arcade I could focus on instead but even then I'm hit by two things, the first is that this could pretty much be a DOA5 rerelease, it looks so dated. The second is that the PC version is the usual TN hatchet job, it runs like utter dog ****

Story is supposed to be short so I'll stick with it for now but so far DOA6 is one to skip

Comment

Making my way through Titan Quest: Anniversary Edition. It's still gorgeous but it hasn't quite hooked me yet.

Comment

Gah, realising how rash I was when taking up that free 14-day Game Pass code. Used it at the wrong time. Should've waited 'til I was off on a sickie for a coupla weeks.

Yeah, wasn't in a gaming mood yesterday, knackering day at work today so no energy except for YouTube and I can feel the Game Pass ticking away. Only got until Sunday.

Jesus, the egg timer stress is putting me off playing Crackdown 3!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X