Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It autoupdates.

Comment

Billboard and gate smashing - haven't had this much fun in a game for ages, especially after all the dirge I've crawled through recently.

Comment

Auto update? - I noticed that Cagney is 381MB, as I'm manually downloading now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzyman View Post
          Does it autoupdate to include these addons or do you have to find em on 360 as not gone near it in months?
          Cagney is on the MarketPlace as a free DLC (about 381megs): once you've downloaded it, run the game and accept the update in order to play it.

Nice improvements, anyway: new graphics in title screen/menu/calendar are nice but I didn't test any major online feature yet, since I didn't find anyone to play with. ^^

A bit deeper into Paradise City (about 20% and 14 challenges left to get my A license), I have to say I'm loving Road Rage, Stunt missions and Marked Man tasks: these challenges let the true Burnout's spirit really shine.
          Well... At least the most part of its spirit... Yeah, I still find Races quite disappointing (too much confusing) and it seems to me only a few tracks really suit with competition's settings.

PS - Are the new cars available only for online play? I love the grey one pictured in the title screen... ^_^
          Last edited by jpeg; 05-08-2008, 08:34.

Comment

Yeah it's strange they released it on the marketplace as Criterion talked about it as an update. Plus if you decide not to download it you're unlikely to be able to play anyone online, so why not make it a forced update and get everyone up to the same version?

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
              Billboard and gate smashing - haven't had this much fun in a game for ages, especially after all the dirge I've crawled through recently.
              lol, burnout in an open world just isnt as interesting, I have it now only because its cheap, played an hour or 2 and not overly impressed, I prefer menu driven Burnour as tehyve botched up thre crashing & traffic checking from Revenge so its not half as fun as it should be

Comment

You can traffic check in aggressive cars. I urge anyone who isn't feeling paradise to give it another go online with a friend.

Comment

one of my favourite 360 games and the new update gives it a fresh lease of life. I prefer this to the Revenge etc although it would be nice once all the races etc have been located if you could just jump to each race rather than having to drive there.

Comment

Originally posted by ExtremePabs View Post
                    one of my favourite 360 games and the new update gives it a fresh lease of life.
                    It seems tomorrow something's going to happen: look at the calendar and you'll see august 8 is marked.
                    Any idea about this?

Comment

Yes I noticed that but couldn't see anywhere an explanation of why

Comment

The online challenges are great

Really can't wait for the next update which looks even more substantial than this one!

Comment

I need 40g on this now to max it, if anyones on and wants to send me an invite for some online whoring/racing please do so. GT: RedOilCan

Comment

Anyone tried 8 player Marked Man on the stock car track? Awesome fun and I think we should have an NTSC-UK session on it over the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Playstation Blog
                              We’re finally able to announce that our latest free downloadable Burnout pack bikes will be out 18th September!!!

It’s tough to give specific dates on downloadable content, because we don’t know for certain until the last minute. But hey, we’re really excited about bringing bikes to Burnout, so we’re going to take a chance and tell you that we’re aiming for September 18 – that’s this coming Thursday!
                              If you missed our earlier posts, here’s what’s coming:
                              • Pick from 2 motorcycles featuring male or female characters and start on a whole new progression to earn your Bike License.
                              • 38 new against-the-clock race events – Burning Ride and Midnight Ride.
                              • A brand new in-game 24 hr day / night cycle that impacts traffic density and available events. (It’s fully customisable – you can make it day/night/change the clock speed – it’s up to you.)
                              • Dynamic weather brings an all-new look to Paradise City.
                              • And if that’s not enough, we’ve got 70 more Freeburn Challenges too.
                              Freeburn is Burnout’s uninterrupted drop-in / drop-out online play. It’s a cool collaborative experience, so it’s all about hanging out with your friends, messing around in vehicles while racing, pulling tricks and crashing in a massive open world city.

If 350 fun, co-operative challenges aren’t enough to keep you and your friends occupied, the Bike Pack throws a further 70 to the mix. These bike-exclusive challenges are split 50:50 between regular challenges and timed, against-the-clock challenges for those that enjoy a little more intensity.

We’ve got all the details on bikes at www.criteriongames.com and in our latest video podcast – Crash TV. You can see it now on iTunes.
                              Burnout Paradise is currently available for the Greatest Hits price of $29.99 on PLAYSTATION 3.
                              Next week, we’re back to talk trophies.
                              PlayStation Blog

Comment

Sounds great, but I wonder if 360 owners will have to wait again.

Comment

Working...
                                X