No announcement yet.

Burnout Paradise (360 PS3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember playing it at launch and the lack of restart driving me beserk. If I remember correctly the double tap right on D pad was added after launch.

I think this is why people aren't always aware it is there. Because if you played the original game at launch you never had this useful feature. Interestingly on Pretty Good Gaming's YT video of the game one of the presenters corrected the other one about the lack of restart. So it's clearly not known about by everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
      Are you playing a different game?

The 'set' route is indicated at the top of the screen when you approach the turn, you CAN restart the event by pressing right on the d pad and selecting restart current event and the map loads instantly for me.
      you sir are a gent i didn't even know this was a thing hell half the reviews I've read didn't know it was a thing

Comment

Haha. To be honest, you don't need the map. Spend a few hours just exploring side streets and getting to know the city. I can with pretty much every race by going my own route. One from the country club for example, has you going up the long road into the mountains. Cut onto the train tracks and come off at the bottom of the hill below the finish. None of the AI will come close.

Comment

Save file worked fine last night and it never glitched so I'll see how I go. Spent the night working through the available Burning Routes I had with each car and now have around 16 of the 75 core cars unlocked. I need 6 more wins to upgrade to B license so I'll try that tonight. I keep stopping and starting on billboards and gates, the latter making the most progress with around 140/400 smashed. I need to remember to keep going online to try and coax people into the stadium for that trophy to pop. Wish they'd cut this trophy too.

Comment

I don't have buyer remorse for buying this I just wish it was the game I thought I was buying hahaha

I thought this was burnout takedown in my head and thought that what I was buying

But I'm enjoying it so far and haven't played it before so it's all new

Plus I've had a credit for ages and had to get this and God of war to use it up

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
              I don't have buyer remorse for buying this I just wish it was the game I thought I was buying hahaha

I thought this was burnout takedown in my head and thought that what I was buying

But I'm enjoying it so far and haven't played it before so it's all new

Plus I've had a credit for ages and had to get this and God of war to use it up
              Dude, don't do events, just drive and explore. If you do that for a few hours and then do events you'll find it a much more enjoyable game.

You'll find loads of shortcuts that will help. Also, remember the AI cars scale to yours, so if you pick something that goes like **** off a shovel, your opponents will too. Until you get your Burnout licence, concentrate on races as road rage and stunt run targets get higher after every event you complete.

Once it properly clicks, there is nothing like it.

Comment

Aye enjoying it so far

Saw you yesterday smashing tines all over the place haha

Comment

Very, very little done but had just enough time last night to quick blast the PC version of the game. I set everything to 4K/Ultra and without the remotest hitch its running at 60fps locked so perfectly in line with expectations. One irritating quirk is that when using a controller the button prompts in the menu still show the keyboard buttons but as the game is hardly difficult to navigate it's not a real issue. Didn't notice anything wrong with the gameplay so as long as the save glitches etc haven't made the transition all looks to be good here.

Comment

It runs and looks nice on the pro; enjoying it more this time around

Comment

PC version looks good? Tempted to get it.

Comment

Yep, nothing that leaps it beyond the console versions but seems solid. Don't know if the £4.49 trick still works

Comment

Working...
                        X