No announcement yet.

Burnout Paradise (360 PS3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I rebought the game on PS3 the other day, at £17.99 delivered (for the ultimate box!) I couldn't really resist. This time around I also got the DLC.

Wow. Big Surf Island is a bit bloody good isn't it? It's like they listened to everything everyone wanted and delivered on it! It's just a paradise (sorry) of jumps, speed, exhilaration...it's brilliant.

Anyone who's ever loved this game should get the Big Surf Island DLC imho.

What a game though, over a year later and it feels as fresh as can be.

Comment

Been thinking of picking up the Ultimate Box version of this now you can get it for pennies, is there any difference between the PS3 & 360 versions or does it just come down to controller preference?

Cheers!

Comment

only difference ive noticed other than the pad is there are lots more trophies than achievements for the DLC car packs etc and the better online store integration.

xbox seems to have more people still playing online too...

Comment

I had heard that the PS3 version was slightly superior actualy, in fact its probabaly mentioned in this thread.

Probabaly not much difference though.

Comment

I think most of that was patched out, they're both fantastic by all accounts. Go where your friends are!

Comment

Big Surf Island seems to have stealthily been reduced to 560 points on Xbox live at the moment.

*Edit* Looking on HUKD it seems other content is cheap too:

Boost Specials Collection - 400 MSP (was 640)
              Cops & Robbers - 400 MSP (was 800)
              Legendary Cars Collection - 400 MSP (was 640)
              Party - 400 MSP (was 800) (this is included in Burnout paradise ultimate)
              Time Savers Pack - 400 MSP (was 800)
              Toy Collection - 400 MSP (was 1000)

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                Looking forward to the next game

Well, it's a decade later and the here we are again. Other than the sad fact that a decade only gave us a remaster instead of the sequel EA moronically skipped, we still (and will never) get this final update:

On the flip side....

BURNOUT PARADISE IS BACK!

The racer most complained about by players who quit before the patches is back. By far the racer I enjoyed the most last gen is here to save us from a dearth of interesting racers and stream of dry sims by taking us back to when speed and stunts were what mattered. My copy has arrived and I'm keen to see how it's aged. Two years ago I dabbled with the PC version but didn't stick to it as there was other stuff to play and the PC version was always incomplete. Here we have everything that was released in one package and all the fixes from the outset. Hopefully it's aged like a fine wine and can finally show players and EA the way to a new run of arcade racing success.

Comment

and all the fixes from the outset.
                  Not everything has been fixed.

I'll try the flying Inferno van online once I unlock it.

Comment

I tried to like this game, but failed.

Comment

It truly is back. Ages in the stadium and will people get in there to trigger the trophy? Will they hell as like...

Comment

buyers remorse for me and i bought it digitally so cant even trade it in, no way is this remaster worth £35 as its a bit of a relic, navigating the city is a real pain you cant set way-points there is no navigation system and loading up the map isn't instant there is a 10-20 second pause? its far to easy to miss a turn or take the wrong route when racing, and if you mess up a race there is no quick restart its turn around and drive back to the junction you started at.

For me this game may of been great when it came out but its been bettered by games like Forza horizon and after a few hours on this i just thought if wanted to play an open world racer id rather play horizon 3 and you know what i think that's what I'm gonna do.

Comment

I'm the opposite. The game is a little overly familiar thanks to my previous play but I have no issue navigating the city at all, it's an easy flow and driving to missions is fine as fast travel reduces the experience to just a menu that also undermines the exploration aspect for gates, stunts and billboards. The races are also very easy to beat and I rarely take a wrong turn as even if I don't look at the map the indicators and street sign flashes are an easy to follow indicator or when to power drift into a turn. As an environment it doesn't take long to get from one side of the city to the other too. Barring Horizon 2 it's a hard press to think of a racer this gen I think is better. (Also, for me map loading takes no more than a second so not sure why it would be taking much longer for you unless it's something to do with it being a digital copy).

HOWEVER

Last night my play was cut short by the game suffering a fatal error that crashed it to the main system menu. That's unacceptable and I struggle to think of having had that happen before. I've read it's an issue and expect a patch, I'll see how it goes but I've also read the issue can corrupt your save file. If it happens again I'll shelve it and wait for the PC version later in the year as I'm not up for having my time wasted on such a glaring and unacceptable fault.

For me, the game remains brilliant but the technical fault is a red flag to watch for now.

Comment

For me, the game remains brilliant but the technical fault is a red flag to watch for now.
                            yeah ive had it happen once so far now so not sure whats causing it, kids have had it happen to them too though they have played it a lot more than me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                              buyers remorse for me and i bought it digitally so cant even trade it in, no way is this remaster worth £35 as its a bit of a relic, navigating the city is a real pain you cant set way-points there is no navigation system and loading up the map isn't instant there is a 10-20 second pause? its far to easy to miss a turn or take the wrong route when racing, and if you mess up a race there is no quick restart its turn around and drive back to the junction you started at.

For me this game may of been great when it came out but its been bettered by games like Forza horizon and after a few hours on this i just thought if wanted to play an open world racer id rather play horizon 3 and you know what i think that's what I'm gonna do.
                              Have been very tempted to get the digital version but I figured I'd wait a bit.

Think EA usually does a discount relatively soon after release?

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post

Are you playing a different game?

The 'set' route is indicated at the top of the screen when you approach the turn, you CAN restart the event by pressing right on the d pad and selecting restart current event and the map loads instantly for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X