Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burnout Paradise (360 PS3)

Burnout Paradise GOTY!!
    Its only January but we already have a real contender for GOTY!

Been playing this for a good few hours (360) and it is immense, so much to see so much to do!! The seemless continuity between online and single play is staggering! Zero load times or slowdown despite a full room and all the action going on is incredible!

Only pain point is the dumb yanks i have to play with until more of us get it. Forget the demo, buy it!!
    Last edited by GODZOOKI; 22-01-2008, 23:17.

What did you think of the demo out of interest?

Comment

Im a bit turned off by the whole open city thing from reading the reviews, mainly the single player aspect and having to drive back to the start points if you fail and only having a map/compass for races.

I'll be interested to hear plenty of hands on for this one based on that. I absolutely loved BO3 Takedown and was also fond of BO Revenge, though the 360 version was way too dark to play on my projector and lacked in game brightness settings. I sold it based solely on that even though I had played through the Xbox game 100% before I bought it.

Comment

The demo seriously did absolutely nothing for me for some reason , I seemed to be more focused on staring at the map to work out where I was going than focusing on the actual racing - it's the first time i've not pre ordered a Burnout really which is strange. Maybe a lot of positive first plays will sway me.

Comment

last monday I've played Revenge again... I love that game soooo much (just like all the previous Burnout games) , and I so want Paradise to be any good ... just that demo really put me off, it seemed like all that adrenaline pumpin crazy maniac racing was gone....

I hope to see some reactions here that confirm the demo was awfull and the full game is much better.... Yoshi yesterday already teased me with it by saying the full game is much better then the demo....

Comment

I literally played 2 mins of the demo. I hated it and the forced drive into garage to repair mechanic. As I recently dropped my live sub as well I don't see any reason to get this one unfortunately...

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
              What did you think of the demo out of interest?
              I thought it was a bit meh really. The game is quite different, in terms of having to drive to challenges there is plenty of other stuff to do on the way and if your online you can make a race to the next challenge and the multiple routes and secret short cuts are mind boggling!

Online is an absolute hoot, i must admit i have never not enjoyed a Burnout game before but this is special.

Comment

Originally posted by TheForce View Post
                last monday I've played Revenge again... I love that game soooo much (just like all the previous Burnout games) , and I so want Paradise to be any good ... just that demo really put me off, it seemed like all that adrenaline pumpin crazy maniac racing was gone....

I hope to see some reactions here that confirm the demo was awfull and the full game is much better.... Yoshi yesterday already teased me with it by saying the full game is much better then the demo....
                The adrenaline pumping crazy maniac balls to the wall racing is there in bucketloads, dont worry about that.

A cool touch is that if you have a live cam you can pose for victory shots or take and keep snaps of the losers mug shots after takedowns!! ****in hilarious!!

The sandbox enviroment works in the full game, the demo released was a poor demo ffs, not reflective of the full game! BURNOUT PARADISE - GET!!

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                  I literally played 2 mins of the demo. I hated it and the forced drive into garage to repair mechanic. As I recently dropped my live sub as well I don't see any reason to get this one unfortunately...
                  No disrespect intended, but the demo was poor and i too only played for a short period before removing it from my pre-orders but you might regret that. You dropped your live subscription too? Was the demo that bad? Thats like just.........crazy!!

Comment

Originally posted by GODZOOKI View Post
                    No disrespect intended, but the demo was poor and i too only played for a short period before removing it from my pre-orders but you might regret that. You dropped your live subscription too? Was the demo that bad? Thats like just.........crazy!!
                    No it wasn't just because of that! It was shoddy service, pain to renew and less time for inline gaming due to work commitments! It takes a lot of hours to get into most online components of games I find...

Comment

I think the whole concept for this game was not carefully considered so naturally it has a few flaws. Unless you got TomTom Navigator for Paradise city how are you supposed to get to the finish line using a tiny stupid map? Criterion should have included an arrow type hud system especially as they're trying to broaden the appeal for this game. Another problem I have with this one big city aspect is you will quickly get tired of the scenery not enough variety it would have been much better to have a few different smaller cities - Burnout Revenge didn't have this problem, also 1 of the nicest features in OutRun.

That said the rest of the game is quite solid especially the online implementation.

I agree with others members - failing to provide players with the option to retry a race without driving back to the start is criminal although this could perhaps be rectified via an update.

Comment

Alex Ward defended their choice to do it that way prior to Christmas in response to the slating that the demo got. The game design will not allow the quick restart thing (Without bringing loading into the equation), so I think we'll just have to live with it.

It bothered me in the demo, but as there's more to do in the full game I'm willing to give it a go.

Comment

Originally posted by GODZOOKI View Post
                          i too only played for a short period before removing it from my pre-orders
                          What made you change your mind and "re-pre-order"?

Comment

Originally posted by Gouk View Post
                            Criterion should have included an arrow type hud system especially as they're trying to broaden the appeal for this game.
                            It has one of sorts. Top of the screen the street name moves from the left or right and when it hits the centre that is your turning (not necessarily the best route)...

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                              What made you change your mind and "re-pre-order"?
                              early availability I would imagine!

Comment

Working...
                              X