Sonic CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonic CD

I just cant get into this I love pretty much all the sonic on the mega drive but sonic CD I just don?t get it, I don?t understand the three time zones and how I?m just meant to find the things to change the future .

This is meant to be the best sonic but I just don?t understand it at all please help me understand what is so great about it .

Um, the soundtrack?

Comment

I didn't get along with it either. All the other 2D sonics I liked, but CD felt a bit boring to be honest.

I know it's got a hell load of levels and ment to be the ultimate sonic, but after managing to get hold of a copy, I just didn't feel the magic that I had done for playing Sonic 1,2 or 3.
      Last edited by Malc; 10-02-2008, 10:17.

Comment

If you played it back when it was new I'm sure you'd feel different

Yakumo

Comment

Basically you want to concenrate on getting to the PAST time zones, and destroying the well... Big Robotnik metal things in each stage. Doing each one in, and getting all the time Zones gets you the good ending.

It's the best Sonic ever, I was so jealous of my cousin who had a Mega CD as a kid! The music and stage design can't be beaten, it's so fun to play.

Comment

Me and my brother saved up all our paper round cash and pocket money when we were kids so we could get a Mega-CD just to play this game.

As mentioned above at the time the soundtrack, and level architecture and time travel theme were fantastic. Plus the opening FMV blew me away.

Comment

Toot toot Sonic Warrior.
              Sonic CD is the best in the series. The soundtrack really is ace.
              Difficulty is well set. As SegaMark says go to the past clean up those levels and return to the good present to see things are well.
              The full ending is quite hard to achieve but is worth it.

I always suspected Sonic CD is what Sonic Team really wanted to make but could never fit into a Megadrive cart.

Comment

SonicCD has a different visual style and a charm of its own. I'm always impressed with the way it looks, and plays.

For simple straight forward Sonic, I like no1. No2 is excellent- in fact the whole MD series is great.

I think you need to give it some more time S_rank.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                  Toot toot Sonic Warrior.
                  Difficulty is well set. As SegaMark says go to the past clean up those levels and return to the good present to see things are well.
                  The full ending is quite hard to achieve but is worth it.

I always suspected Sonic CD is what Sonic Team really wanted to make but could never fit into a Megadrive cart.

I couldn't agree with you or SegaMark more . It's by far and adway the best 2D Sonic Game with tons of depth making sure you made a good Future in every stage took tons of work and I loved how the stage and even the music would change if you were inthe past or Future ect , and like whats been said, the JP/Pal Soundtrack is to die for .

It's just a shame the programers never used the scaling chip onthe sprits inthe bonus Zone , which still to this day I can't work out why .

Comment

I've always enjoyed the Sonic series, the best 2D platformer in existence, and I had a Mega Drive when I was a kid with the entire series on it. I remember really wanting to play Sonic CD when I saw those 3D Special Stages with atmospheric sky?s and nearly 100 levels to play on.

However when I finally did manage to play it years later on the GameCube I was very disappointed. It's levels had little character or imagination to them and the time travel elements were nice but unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                      Sonic 3 had a more cohesive level layout, memorable music and some beautiful graphics. It just has so much polish and finesse whereas Sonic CD does feel cobbled together and suffers for it in my opinion.

It's just not as memorable or as well put together. I was so disappointed when I played it years later.

Comment

The layout in Sonic CD is dodgy, it doesnt flow well for me. It's still > Sonic 3 tho, which is just about ok but has terrible music.

Comment

I feel the best music of the entire series is in Sonic 3 as well as the best 2D Sonic.

Although the music in a level such as Sonic one's Starlight Zone is more memorable, Marble Garden and Angel Island are the series water marks in my eyes. Beautiful, punchy and so memorable.

Although Sonic 2's Metropolis and Sonic Adventure's Mystic Ruins are the best of the best.

Comment

Wools, just incase you don't know, on the Gamecube version it uses the awful American soundtrack, not the European/Japanese soundtrack that we all love. :P

I can't actually play Sonic CD with the American soundtrack, it actually renders the game unplayable for me... Anyone else feel like that?

Comment

Originally posted by SegaMark View Post
                              Wools, just incase you don't know, on the Gamecube version it uses the awful American soundtrack, not the European/Japanese soundtrack that we all love. :P

I can't actually play Sonic CD with the American soundtrack, it actually renders the game unplayable for me... Anyone else feel like that?
                              No it's just you. In fact, the American soundtrack has aged better (lots of nice guitar riffage) than the cheesy J-rave on the Euro/Japanese editions. They're both good, it's just your taste that sucks.

Comment

Working...
                              X