Sonic CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SegaMark View Post
    Wools, just incase you don't know, on the Gamecube version it uses the awful American soundtrack, not the European/Japanese soundtrack that we all love. :P
    I did not know that no, is their a marked diffrence in tone?

Comment

Originally posted by SegaMark View Post
      Wools, just incase you don't know, on the Gamecube version it uses the awful American soundtrack, not the European/Japanese soundtrack that we all love. :P

I can't actually play Sonic CD with the American soundtrack, it actually renders the game unplayable for me... Anyone else feel like that?
      I'm sure the GameCube version is using the PC code and that never ran quite as well as the Mega CD version . And you're spot on about the music , its like playing Street Of Rage II with out the Yuzo soundtrack , or Castlevania IV with a new soundtrack , its really does effect the game for me too .

Sonic Adv remains for me the best Sonic and 3D platform game I've played , but Sonic CD is by far and adway the best 2D Sonic game .

Comment

I have given this a bit more time recently still don?t think it very good to be honest . The things I don?t like is the level design seem slapped down often reducing the flow of the game and wacky workbench is horrendous . The boss are all far to easy just when you get started at them there over apart from metal sonic which is annoying . Trying to go between the time zones is harder that it should be since the game has so many obstacles stopping me

I?m going to download the Japanese soundtrack and play that while I?m playing the game see if that helps

A few question about the time zones in the past time zone there are two different things I have found a metal sonic and some weird cylinder machine do I need to destroy both to get a good future .

And if I have to go into the past to get a good future , what is the point of going to the future?

Also I found a bronze statue of robonik in the future what does that do ?

Also if anyone is interested my favourite sonic is 2 but every time I play through 3 it get closer to being my favourite

Comment

I tried SonicCD a while back and thought it was a bit crud. I didn't think it had it's own identity. It felt, I dunno, like a cut and shut car. Different bits and pieces thrown together to create some abomination of a Sonic game.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
            If you played it back when it was new I'm sure you'd feel different

Yakumo
            This is SOO true! I grew up with Sonic CD, it BLEW ME AWAY! But I would also probably find it hard to get into If I tried it today for the firts time. There's NOTHING like playing a game when it first comes out!

I remember buying the game BEFORE I even bought an actual mega cd!! I just HAD to own!

Took me aaages to save up for the console! I remember one day being bored and sticking it in my playstation.. You know, just incase it works! Minutes later and to my surprise.. I was listening to the (JAP/PAL)soundtrack! (I didn't even know you could do that with MCD discs) It sounded like MAGIC!! Ah the good ol days!!

Comment

Working...
            X