Le mans 24h: PS2 Vs DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Le mans 24h: PS2 Vs DC

Is the ps2 port an improvment over the Dc version in any way? Any extras or anything? Whats the one to get? Cheers!
    Last edited by SuperDanX; 13-02-2008, 09:18.

Never played the PS2 version but I'm fairly sure it's just an identical port of the DC one, someone will probably be able to confirm this for definate though, I have heard the DC version looks slighty better. It's a quality game either way, really showed what the Dreamcast was capable of.
    Last edited by Phar; 13-02-2008, 09:38.

Comment

never played the ps2 version, but i would say the image wise , the DC via VGA would be hard to beat

Comment

Just had a read around, the PS2 version has more tracks and cars apparently, there seems to be some conflicting opinions on which has the best graphics though. Dreamcast version seems to have got the best reviews.

Comment

I can't remember why I'm thinking this, but I seem to remember that the PS2 version was fundamentally flawed whereas the DC version was great. Sorry I can't remember more

The DC version has analogue triggers for accelerate and brake which should make it the version of choice (that's not the reason I was thinking of).

Comment

Blokey on gamerankings comparing the two says that they are similar except the DC version is visually superior. http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages3/467980.asp

Comment

ah, thanks guys i had the DC version when it came out and it was great. Still got the DC so i may pick up the DC version again for vga goodness when i get a better telly.
              cheers.

Comment

I thought the PS2 version was actually a conversion of the PC version, as they both came out at the same time (a lot later than the DC version). This would explain more cars etc.

Comment

I have both, the DC version looks a lot better, and I don't remember the extra PS2 track being a big deal.

Comment

DC ver had better visuals and 60hz which I believe was removed from the PAL PS2 port. VGA is pretty key for gaming now though as it makes it far more HDTV friendly ridding us of that filthy filthy interlace.

Comment

Working...
                    X