No announcement yet.

Sega Rally 2 (DC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sega Rally (Revo) is definitely worth a punt - it's good, old-school fun, even if the AI cheats in later stages. It'll bring a smile to your face if you're a fan from way back, definitely. The PSP version is very decent too and has more handling options, iirc.

Comment

i play SR2 now and again just to listen to the first stage music

i just do time attack with the in-car view with the reduced-graphics cheat and it's almost perfect

i've been thinking about looking for the pc version. surely a recent pc will be able to keep it running in 60fps all the way through? i bought it a few years back and it was about as fast as it was on the dreamcast...

Comment

Originally posted by anephric View Post
        Sega Rally (Revo) is definitely worth a punt - it's good, old-school fun, even if the AI cheats in later stages. It'll bring a smile to your face if you're a fan from way back, definitely. The PSP version is very decent too and has more handling options, iirc.
        Indeed, the 360 Version I can vouch for and how Sega Racing Studio in the UK can get it so right when Sega have cocked up so many of their franchises for so long is a complete mystery.

I can't wait for their next game, I'm hoping for a sequel to Daytonna USA!

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
          i've been thinking about looking for the pc version. surely a recent pc will be able to keep it running in 60fps all the way through?
          It will, but afaik the music won't work on anything other than the Windows 9X series. It's a no go in XP, Vista etc.

Comment

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention, I've got both the PAL and Japanese version.

Some differences are:
            -JAP runs fullscreen / PAL has borders (BUT runs fullscreen when on an NTSC machine!)
            -JAP can (could) go online / PAL lacks this option
            -JAP has the Ford from the arcades / PAL has this replaced with a Fiat Seicento or Cinquecento
            -JAP has no rumble / PAL has got rumble

So apart from the framerate issue, the best option would be to run a PAL copy (with rumble) on an NTSC machine. Probably the US version is best, as some people say, but I don't know about the cars/rumble.

Does anyone know if the US version supports a link mode of some sort (as with the US Saturn network versions)?
            That would be awesome, but I doubt it actually
            Last edited by Shinebi; 21-02-2008, 12:08.

Comment

Can you forceboot the Pal version into 60hz on a Pal machine with DC-X?

Comment

when i played pal dc SR2 way back when on my japanese modded dc, it was still a bit pal-optimised if i remember, so while it played in 60hz, i think it chopped a bit of the bottom off.

i remember it because i also tried steep slope sliders which was also 50hz-only and optimised for full screen yet played properly in forced 60hz and without anything lopped off the top/bottom.

bit of a side-note but one thing i thought was cool about some pal dc games (capcom ones spring to mind) was that if they were played on my jap dc they'd switch to 60hz automatically and wouldn't bring the 50/60hz selection screen at all

Comment

Working...
                X