Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ultimate NES - emu/VC (60hz)/modded original?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ultimate NES - emu/VC (60hz)/modded original?

If one was looking to get the ultimate NES experience - crystal clear sound/vision and control what is the best option? What option do people consider delivers the best results?

Emulation/60hz VC/modded original all have their merits... and their drawbacks.

(I guess the title is slightly misleading as I'm not talking about the most authentic experience - CRT/RF/NTSC colour range etc)

Thanks

Original... all the way my friend...

But good luck getting a NES PPU with RGB... I want one too.

Comment

And how do you acquire one of those? Modding?

Comment

You need to scavenge it off a particular Playchoice arcade board.

Comment

Modded Xbox with an RGB cable?

Comment

Doesn't the french nes support rgb? I could well have dreamt that though.

Comment

Cool thread

Can all famicom consoles be modded and which playchoice motherboard do we need.
              Twin / single monitor version or will either one will do ?

Comment

Are those consoles that play both NES and SNES any good?

See here:

Comment

Originally posted by mmcg View Post
                  Are those consoles that play both NES and SNES any good?

See here:

http://www.videogamesplus.ca/product...ducts_id=12350
                  I had one of those about 6 month back, overall their pretty good, NES emulations the same as most NES clones as they all use the same NOAC so certain games won't work and the sound is slighty different to a real NES, but the SNES side of things is pretty much spot on both graphically and sound wise, I couldn't tell any difference anyway.

The only thing I will say is the image quality is poor as it uses composite, you'd be better of buying one of these http://www.superufo.com/product_html...NES_GAMES.html, it's basically the same as above but now with s-video, still not RGB quality but should give a fairly decent picture.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
                    Doesn't the french nes support rgb? I could well have dreamt that though.
                    It connects via SCART, but I'm pretty sure that its just some "not proper" RGB signal.. like composite converted into some kind of semi-RGB thing..

Originally posted by mission
                    Cool thread

Can all famicom consoles be modded and which playchoice motherboard do we need.
                    Twin / single monitor version or will either one will do ?
                    I'm not sure to be honest mate.. your probably best off checking gamesx forum or digitalpress for that info. I don't know off the top of my head.

I won a broken titler on eBay, a few weeks ago, very cheap and easy to mod for RGB by just tapping 3 points on the PCB. Unfortunately it took me a few days to pay for it, and the seller accidentally shipped it in someone elses parcel

Comment

Originally posted by chaoticjelly View Post
                      I'm not sure to be honest mate.. your probably best off checking gamesx forum or digitalpress for that info. I don't know off the top of my head.

I won a broken titler on eBay, a few weeks ago, very cheap and easy to mod for RGB by just tapping 3 points on the PCB. Unfortunately it took me a few days to pay for it, and the seller accidentally shipped it in someone elses parcel
                      So do you now have an RGB modded nes James? Im still determined to find me a play choice pcb for this particular reason! Would you still be willing to do the honours should I acquire it?

Comment

Originally posted by kyo_244 View Post
                        So do you now have an RGB modded nes James? Im still determined to find me a play choice pcb for this particular reason! Would you still be willing to do the honours should I acquire it?
                        No mate, I don't have one.. he shipped the famicom titler to someone else, and I never got it back (even though I offered to pay the shipping from his other customer to me..)

Yeah I'd probably give it a shot. I'm always interested in something new hardware wise, and it looks like pretty simple stuff considering what I've done in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by chaoticjelly View Post
                          No mate, I don't have one.. he shipped the famicom titler to someone else, and I never got it back (even though I offered to pay the shipping from his other customer to me..)

Yeah I'd probably give it a shot. I'm always interested in something new hardware wise, and it looks like pretty simple stuff considering what I've done in the past.
                          Aparrently its ALOT easier to do the mod with this titler.. which i dont quite understand yet Are they rare then?

Comment

Originally posted by kyo_244 View Post
                            Aparrently its ALOT easier to do the mod with this titler.. which i dont quite understand yet Are they rare then?
                            Yeah, with the titler you can just conveniently pick the RGB off three transistors on the motherboard..

It has a PPU which outputs RGB. You can still remove it and put it in a NES though.

Yes, the titlers are rare.. theres only one on eBay.com if you look, and it's a lotta moola!

Comment

Working...
                            X