Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My GBA Double Dragon just 'exploded' - yet still works???!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My GBA Double Dragon just 'exploded' - yet still works???!!!

Weird thing just happened a few minutes ago. I was playing Code Veronica on my PS2 when I heard this crackle sound, then saw this small flash above the TV, then smelt this funny burnt smell.

I have all my 10 or so GBA carts in this 'chicken in a basket' plastic basket on top of my TV, alongside some essential oils (cos I burn that stuff all the time), some lighters, and spare change.

What seems to have happened is that my GBA Double Dragon has 'exploded' in some way. I checked all my other GBA carts and they were room temperature, but this had gone well-cold, icy almost, and the connector pins smelt exceedingly burnt and stressed, and the plastic case had expanded outward everso slightly. I tested it in my DS and IT WORKS PERFECTLY, but it smells very burnt and sinister.

My 'Columbo theory' is that some essential oil has leaked onto the cartridge, causing it to f*ck up slightly, but I don't really know why. What I can't explain is: the cartridge was on its own, and therefore had no connection to the GBA, DS or any other electrical device - so why should it explode? I also don't know why it went very cold, unlike the other 9 carts.

I've got that smell on my fingers right now - aromatic crossed with electric death.

Plus, it's still working!

PS: Did GBA Double Dragon have battery backup and could that explain this strange occurrence?

Bizarre. Get an exorcist in.

Comment

No mere sheath of plastic and metal can contain the fury of the Lee brothers.

That's what happened.

Comment

^That's what I want to believe, and I KNOW the brothers Lee would never allow such a horrid technological smell to linger horridly on a dedicated fan's hand like this stench has.

Having said that, I'm gonna put the cart under my pillow tonight and see what happens. If I get a mini-baseball bat come the morn, I'll be well happy.

Comment

You think they care what your hands smell like? They biff each other up real bad over some beefy slapper with big thighs.

Comment

Pics or it didn't happen.

Comment

Working...
            X