No announcement yet.

Retro Core Revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys and welcome to another hardware review and man, what a stinker we have. It's actually entertaining at how much potential this device could hold.

Comment

Hi everyone, it's that time again for another Retro Core 5 show. This time we are taking another look at the PC Engine.

Comment

Capture your game footage or transfer old videos without the need of a PC

Comment

Need a weapon you can play? Check out the RG350M. A handheld made from Aluminium Alloy.

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=1524]Yakumo[/MENTION], I've just went and ordered one based upon this. Might get shot of my GBA collection depending on if it's up to snuff when I get to try it.

Comment

Welcome to the updated video for the RG-350M that shows you how to add HDMI support.

Comment

This looks like the absolute tits.

My missus is gonna hate me... must resist the urge...

Comment

Recorded using real Neo Geo MVS hardware. Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                    Recorded using real Neo Geo MVS hardware. Enjoy!

Awesome, much like the Neo Geo sound chip

Comment

Some quality plop this time - Strider II, not Strider 2

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                        Some quality plop this time - Strider II, not Strider 2

US Gold strikes again LOL. That said, that's some awesome speech on the Mega Drive

Comment

New video about mini discs and players that can be bought with 1 coin over on my second channel.

Comment

Love it, @Yakumo. Minidisc will ALWAYS feel sci-fi to me, no matter how old they get.

EDIT: Makes me nostalgic. I got back into Minidisc a couple of years ago for fun, but they're a real minefield. Generally speaking, the players are pretty robust - as you allude to in the video, most will still work today. Unfortunately, the recording functions aren't quite so robust; many MD devices, if you use them today, will record a few discs and then just pack in. After 3 hifis, even though they were cheap, I finally decided to forget about it and moved on.

FURTHER EDIT: As a little aside, if you need to buy a hifi for a workplace or workshop or something, definitely consider a Minidisc hifi. You can buy ones today for £20 that would've been £500 in 2004, and you can run any source through them as well as play CDs or the radio. Great for saving stuff from landfill and some of them are wonderful little things.
                            Last edited by Asura; 16-06-2020, 15:08.

Comment

Wow, sounds like you've had rotten luck with recorders. I've been luck myself. Only ever had one pack in and that was a Kenwood. My Sony and Onkyo recorders are solid.

New video today on the main channel. A cheap and worthy alternative to the RG-350.

Comment

I'm a right dweeb about Minidiscs, I loved them back in the day and continued to love them afterwards. I've even got a Minidisc Changer for the car, though I haven't fitted it. Best Minidisc score I ever made was from an ex-catalogue shop that was shutting down in the mid-2000s and had to clear their stock out that day - I got two brand new sealed Sony Hi-MD portables (can't remember the model) for something like £12 each and a Sony MDLP MDS-JD480 separates deck for £15. The prices were something like 80-90% off, then I pulled out a staff discount card on top of it. Still got them all - the separates deck is in regular use!

Comment

Working...
                                X