Retro Core Revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lettuce View Post
    Where PS1 is concerned, emulation actually improves on the old hardware.

But if you wanted to keep it more authentic have you considered the MiSTer FPGA device?, its getting a PS1 core soon
    I have; but the Pi4 is so cheap now that I'm thinking of getting one of those for a couple of years, and upgrading to FPGA once all the kinks are worked out.

Comment

I've ran quite a few PS1 games on Pi and it's really good, especially since you can configure it to use a PS3 wireless pad very easily. The only thing I've had not work right on it is Driver, which crashes when it does any fades to black (to be fair I've never found an emulator that doesn't do it on that particular game - I think it's a bug that the real hardware somehow can skip over). Can appreciate it isn't as good as an FPGA but it is very convenient and I've never noticed any input lag or anything.

Comment

Raspberry Pi4 is the way to go. I use a Pi4B for my mame / FBA tate arcade set up. Works really well.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
          I've ran quite a few PS1 games on Pi and it's really good, especially since you can configure it to use a PS3 wireless pad very easily. The only thing I've had not work right on it is Driver, which crashes when it does any fades to black (to be fair I've never found an emulator that doesn't do it on that particular game - I think it's a bug that the real hardware somehow can skip over). Can appreciate it isn't as good as an FPGA but it is very convenient and I've never noticed any input lag or anything.
          Sometimes using a different BIOS will affect these things, have you tried that?

Comment

I remember trying a variety of BIOS types and different regions of the game without success. It was a while ago now though, will have to update and see if it's been fixed since.

Comment

Now here is a stick I really did enjoy using.

Comment

I know it's not posted here yet, but I just saw the Itasha Subaru video and can confirm that there's a handful of dweebs in the UK who've done the same. The missus saw a Hatsune Miku Itasha in a supermarket car park some time ago. I also saw a Dragonball Z one on a rough old Focus that seemed to have been done entirely with Humbrol paints.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                  I know it's not posted here yet, but I just saw the Itasha Subaru video and can confirm that there's a handful of dweebs in the UK who've done the same. The missus saw a Hatsune Miku Itasha in a supermarket car park some time ago. I also saw a Dragonball Z one on a rough old Focus that seemed to have been done entirely with Humbrol paints.
                  Wow, never thought it would be a thing in the UK. For those wondering, here's the video.

Comment

Just realised, I forgot to share this one.
                    Some beautiful footage in today's video.

Comment

Powkiddy is back on form!

Comment

Yeah, it is cheap but is it any good?

Comment

Featuring 9 different versions of the game, this is Battle of the Ports, Disney's Aladdin.

Comment

[MENTION=1524]Yakumo[/MENTION] I had some of your Life In Japan videos on in the background and wondered, are you going to be filming any of the upcomming Cherry Blossom season and with Japan being hit by COVID-19, are any of the 2021 festivals being cancelled?

Comment

The MD Aladdin still looks amazing, a real showcase on the system and always the superior of the SNES game too

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post
                                [MENTION=1524]Yakumo[/MENTION] I had some of your Life In Japan videos on in the background and wondered, are you going to be filming any of the upcomming Cherry Blossom season and with Japan being hit by COVID-19, are any of the 2021 festivals being cancelled?
                                Did that my good man. Where I live the Cherry Blossom season was in full effect.

Comment

Working...
                                X