Retro Core Revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
    It's the mic. It's complete turd. Sega Rally 2, The House of the Dead and one other game are pretty bad. I'm currently looking for a new set up for the next show.

Yakumo
    You should open up a donation thing on paypal, i don't mind donating a couple of quid to support you. You might aswell get something out of it considering all the work that goes into an episode and im sure alot of people on this thread would happily agree.

Comment

Whoa you must be getting hammered with downloads, 28kb/sec.

Comment

yeah, word is out now so the downloads are coming in thick and fast. When I downloaded it before I made it public I got 890kbps.

Yakumo

Comment

Downloaded and watched this yesterday. Thanks Yakumo for bringing this back, i've missed it!
          I like the new shorter length show. F-Zero X did indeed appear very strange, its one of the fastest games I've played yet the video looks sluggish as you say. Glad you showed Puyo Puyo DA as its been on my radar for a while but will avoid it now. House of the Dead 1 looks very good, shame its not on that recent Wii compilation. Looking forward to the next installment!

Comment

thanks Mark, i enjoyed it

The AOF2 stuff was great, Yuri 'fireball bursting blouse' was carried over from the original when you did it to King

it would be nice to see a comparison between Fatal Fury Special on all formats

loved the way you thought the Neo version was a cheating b***ard

Eiji on the AES is mega difficult, but some people can fight the way through the game and unlock Geese at the end, so its possible

Comment

Yeah, the Neo version of Art of Fighting 2 can be really stupid at times. So bad you will swear it's cheating. Eiji especially.

Hmm, I'd also love to do Fatal Fury Special Neo, SFC and Mega CD "VS" section but I'm lacking the Mega CD one I think.

Yakumo

Comment

The easiest way to rinse the ai in AOF2 Neo Geo is to back into the corner and continually do backflips and kick on the way down. Most if not all the characters will walk straight in and get hammered. This is certainly the easiest way to win, but by no means fun.

Really glad you finally reviewed Gleylancer, god I love that game.

Comment

Great show, I do love the comparisons

Comment

Just watched this after rushing of to download it the other day, and I must say, true to form it's outstanding as usual.

I also think a donate option wouldn't be a bad idea like Zero9x suggested, especially if it helps you create the content you want in the videos.

Comment

Nice words as always Thanks guys.

Well, I will set up a donation link on the Retro Core site but I don't want to sound like a leaching git, if you know what I mean.

@moonwhistle - Oh yes, I forgot about that cheese way of winning! Should have tried that and added it to the crap AI complaints

Good news is that I've just bought a Pro' Microphone Amp and a real microphone rather than the PC junk I've been using. So with luck this will help things sound a lot better. The tinny little amp was a bit expensive at 5000 yen but it really is a nice bit of gear.

Yakumo

Comment

Just downloaded and finished watching the new episode.. great to have it back!

I wonder if any of you could tell me where I might download vol 13 as I missed it and have never been able to find it? it doesn't seem to be on internet archive..

Comment

im missing vol 13 aswell

Comment

Volume 13 is the 2005 Tokyo Game show Sepecial. I have it on DVD and the downloads should be on archive.org. If not I'll re-upload them when I have time. Someone was (maybe still is) setting up a mirror for all Retro Cores including specials. He also need Vol.13. Actually the Tokyo Game Show Retro Core features loads of rare beta footage of Metal Gear Solid 4 including real time graphic tests. These were never shown on the likes of IGN but thanks to my whitty Japanese and "Ninja"like camera stills I managed to get a load of footage!! I still have the original digital tapes as well so I'm sure in a few years there'll be stuff on them that will really excite people.

Yakumo

Comment

Can Yakumo or anyone else tell me where the Ikaruga remix track from the opening of the early retro core episodes comes from please?

Thanks.

Comment

Err, very good question that I can't answer but I do have it on my Hard Drive somewhere if you want it. I got it from some Japanese remix site so I guess it's 100% legal to share since the author had it up for download.

Comment

Working...
                                X