Doom V: Eternal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asura View Post
    Gonna call it: I think it will slip again, and will be a launch wave title for PS5. They just don't want to say that right now as that would involve it slipping out of this FY and that would look bad.
    Fair enough but I'd vote it's around monitisation and maybe some slippage. It doesn't make sense to delay until next gen unless the game is so bad at this point that's the only salvage. You'd be losing out on 8-12m sales now from releasing the game, plus having to keep a large developer team on it. You could just release Doom Eternal GOTY 8K edition for the new consoles a year later.

We can compare notes after launch but my guess is this new online mode has got some form of lootbox/battle pass/MTX system that just wasn't part of the original development and isn't ready.

Comment

Yep, you could be right. The game looks like it is very closely built on the previous game, which means that there should have been fewer development surprises. Unless they came from new elements. It's a significant enough delay for a game that was already so close to its release date.

Comment

Maybe Bethesda pushed it back to ensure it launched without issue, they've suffered hard from launching sub-par titles in weak condition for the last year or two so maybe tried caution this time out

Comment

Maybe. If you read the Wikipedia page on Doom Eternal the multiplayer is being developed in-house rather then outsourced. There is a quote about iD wanting to make the multiplayer more "social" and "connected" to the campaign. This just makes me think they are trying to ram MTX into the game, Breakpoint style. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Comment

I'm gutted this has been delayed.

I hoped it doesn't Stay unfinished because Bethesda could Save Our Love and we'd be Just a Step from Heaven, which would be So Good that, Oh Baby I... I go Crazy thinking about the Power of a Woman with a BFG and I Am Blessed by this Good Thing.

Who Are You? Someday I'll share my Secrets about my passion for Doom, but Don't You Love Me when I enthuse about the game? I guess I Wanna Be the Only One who gets excited, but I don't care Think About Me, Angel of Mine, because What'cha Gonna Do?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              I'm gutted this has been delayed.

I hoped it doesn't Stay unfinished because Bethesda could Save Our Love and we'd be Just a Step from Heaven, which would be So Good that, Oh Baby I... I go Crazy thinking about the Power of a Woman with a BFG and I Am Blessed by this Good Thing.

Who Are You? Someday I'll share my Secrets about my passion for Doom, but Don't You Love Me when I enthuse about the game? I guess I Wanna Be the Only One who gets excited, but I don't care Think About Me, Angel of Mine, because What'cha Gonna Do?
              You been sniffing that shoe polish again?

Comment

Never Ever.

Wait, that's All Saints.

Comment

I see what you did there.

Comment

My guess is so they can put all the suit and weapon upgrades behind a pay wall.
                    £1.99 for an argent energy cell.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                      Curious as to why it slipped.
                      I was thinking that myself, I was going to put it down to COD But it's a big delay something can't be right with the codebase. Gutted mind

Comment

Doom Eternal Battle Pass seen in the wild with XP boosters. Followed up with a response from the dev confirming no microtransaction. Panic over maybe.

Last edited by Digfox; 28-01-2020, 23:30.

Comment

I've just popped back into the thread to re-read my Eternal jokes.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X