No announcement yet.

Retro Core Revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This week on Battle of the Ports we take a look at the game which influenced the basis for modern fighting games.

Comment

This isn't the BOTP thread, by the way

Comment

Oops, wrong thread.

Comment

Another confused system from China. It doesn't know what it wants to be.

Comment

Last week my son and I went to IKEA in Shingu, Fukuoka city. Very close to IKEA is a pretty large Hard Off. We just had to check it out. Is it better than my local Hard Off?

Comment

Finally after about 8 months of waiting I've found time to bring you the MSX 2 episode of Retro Core 5.
              So what is the MSX and was it any good. Let's find out.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                So what is the MSX and was it any good. Let's find out.
                I really need to investigate the machine further, so I look forward to watching this video. I'll make a sandwich and sit back and enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                  I really need to investigate the machine further, so I look forward to watching this video. I'll make a sandwich and sit back and enjoy.
                  Ditto I know very little about the machine. By the way what are you having in your sandwich?

Comment

Originally posted by dyer60 View Post
                    Ditto I know very little about the machine. By the way what are you having in your sandwich?
                    Cheese & ham with pickle.

Comment

Great video Yak, as always.

If the MSX-2 were a football team, the opposition fans would be totally within their right to sing “Sh*t Master System, you’re just a sh*t Master System.

That Konami shooter looked great though - hard to imagine it’s the same hardware as all those NES/Master System ports with flick-screen scrolling. And of course Metal Gear 2 is ace which I didn’t see in the vid?

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                        Cheese & ham with pickle.
                        Nice! I went with a burrito whilst watching it.

Great watch and nice insight into a machine I knew zero about, well apart from Metal Gear. Good to see a varied selection of game genres and the they looked a lot better than I expected.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                          Great video Yak, as always.

If the MSX-2 were a football team, the opposition fans would be totally within their right to sing “Sh*t Master System, you’re just a sh*t Master System.

That Konami shooter looked great though - hard to imagine it’s the same hardware as all those NES/Master System ports with flick-screen scrolling. And of course Metal Gear 2 is ace which I didn’t see in the vid?
                          Sadly there were many great games I wanted to feature but had issues with getting many of the disc based games to run. Nit sure why as they used to work just fine when I last used my MSX2 5 months back.

Comment

Originally posted by dyer60 View Post
                            Nice! I went with a burrito whilst watching it.

Great watch and nice insight into a machine I knew zero about, well apart from Metal Gear. Good to see a varied selection of game genres and the they looked a lot better than I expected.
                            The basic MSX does look dated but tge MSX2 which I covered is pretty impressive. It's kind of above a master system but below a PC Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                              Sadly there were many great games I wanted to feature but had issues with getting many of the disc based games to run.
                              I'm glad you showed off Space Manbow, which is a great shoot 'em up that hasn't been mentioned much over the years. I wish I could find a poster of the cover art.

Comment

Is it really going to kill my up-scan converter? Does it only show 3/4 of the image? Let's find out.

Comment

Working...
                                X