X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chadruharazzeb
    Eh?
    SPOILERS

You spend the entire game kicking ass with a sword and a gun(s), only to have that all removed in the final boss encounter (where it turns into a floaty space shooter). Gheeeeeeeey!

Alright, maybe not as precise as VOOT, but it's still a hell of a lot more precise than the inane button-mashing of DMC2. There was the fact that you had to time button-presses and combine them with spceific directions (and weapons) to achieve certain moves, and that those certain moves worked better again some enemies than others.
    I am not disputing that DMC2 is better than DMC, because it isn't, but that DMC wasn't "maximum awesomeness" in the first place.

Comment

I am not disputing that DMC2 is better than DMC, because it isn't, but that DMC wasn't "maximum awesomeness" in the first place.
      Yes it was!

It's what YOU make it! - if your fighting style reeks the game will reek. My Dante is like Neo with some Ken sprinkled on top.

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
        Yes it was!

It's what YOU make it! - if your fighting style reeks the game will reek. My Dante is like Neo with some Ken sprinkled on top.
        ...but the camera angles and level design suck major demonic ass. I will agree that it is possible to be an incredibly stylised fighter (something that DMC2 doesn't offer at all), but I am not a huge fan of filmic homages within games (Kojima is equally guilty on this count too).

Comment

I must say, I never had any problems with the camera angles, or the "level" design - thought the locations, and the way you had to negotiate them, were superb.

DMC1 owns for maximum awesomeness. Nothing's come close to it.

Comment

I agree

I loved every minute of it and I still do - the whole atmosphere and style of the game is stunning. That coupled with the sick combo system make DMC a true classic for me. There is precision in the combos - some of the stuff I have found out is very trick to pull off but looks WICKED!

I'll NEVER stop playing it!

Comment

The combat system is very well developed indeed, and you can pull off some really impressive stuff if you know what you are doing. However, the camera implementation and level design are particularly sub-par. Admittedly the camera is supposed to give a cinematographic edge to the procceedings, but from a design point of view it inhibits the player. Style is one thing but at the expense of player control it aint good.

DMC is a visually sumptuous game but, as a gamer, I want more than just a pretty face (something that is painfully highlighted in DMC2).

Comment

Working...
              X